Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

My grandfather had an old Indian when he was young.  He said it was so well balanced he could stand up on the seat on it and let it coast while standing fully upright on the seat.

Of course, he swore motorcycles were too dangerous for me to ever ride.....LOL

I had a pic of him on one of his Harleys in front of the house he grew up in and it disappeared.  Not sure what happened to it.  He lived an exciting youth.  Grew up riding Harleys and working at the airport in exchange for flying time.  The airport owner had a plane, taught my grandfather how to fly.  His dad was a doctor so he had a Chriscraft when he was young too.   Their house was on the Rock River in Rockford IL.

• Like 3

On 3/16/2022 at 5:44 AM, Fishfiles said:

Very nice   .... So what is the drive train , 340 , 383 , 440 , 4 speed on the floor , 3 deuces ??? 

History on the 1968 Charger I have had since 1999,  Started life with a 383 and 2 barrel from what previous owener told me was also a dark Metallic Green Color.

He dropped in a 440 and 4 barrel from a 72 wagon and has the 727 Auto.  Re painted the car to the sublime green color which was not a color option till 1969 Mopar came out with the 4 High Impact Color,  Banna Yellow,  Sublime Green, Plum Crazy Purple, Hemi Red.  Also added the R/T Bumble Bee strip on the back and the R/T Badges but its not a true R/T.

Been a fun car to have.  It needs a good tune up and the choke settings are all messed at the moment.  

But each time I go in the garge and look at the car it puts a smile on my face!

Nice fun story.  Took the car for the first date I went on with the Wife.  Back in 2001 I was going on a trip with the car to Bristol Tenn "year one was putting on a car show and if you had a classic car you could run hot laps at the race track there"  I had Bias Ply tires on the car and didn't want to drive that far on tires like that so part of the date was tire shopping at walmart to compare prices and I park the car down at the bottom of the lot away from other car's and we come out of the store and the Girl goes where's your car?  Oh there it is it stick out like a sore thumb!  So we get down to the car and I open the door for her and all that and when I get in she says thanks for opening the door,  My response was the Car "Charger" heard what you said and it dosent' want you molesting it anymore!  Rest is History 3 kids and 18 years of marrige later.  

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

The overspray on the rear tire really finishes off the professional touch.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

@56Sierra , Good eye on the over spray , I missed that ,  "  How did that make it by quality control  " 

I think Quality Control is more like not letting quality get out of control. 

• Haha 1

uh hu........ my kind of truck, just needs a bull bar, and heavy duty bumper with a winch.....and a cummins plant, most likey has a 3208 cat, or 427, or 366 industrial gas engine, both Re good engines, we have a straight grain truck with a 427, and a spreader truck with a 366, and they both are super tough engine, i wouldn't have a 3208 v-8 cat...... wished i had more pics of this rig, but both our trucks have the same nose,..... but the body and split wind shield ? that's a new one....toss two big cab clearance lights would have to go! and she would have to be 4x4...... two speed rear ends and  manual trans...... and i favor blue and white paint...... west coat mirrors.... instead of those small chevy, and no grab bars on the body..... delete the horn on the roof, And add a train horn under the body...... and Alcoa wheels. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

uh hu........ my kind of truck, just needs a bull bar, and heavy duty bumper with a winch.....and a cummins plant, most likey has a 3208 cat, or 427, or 366 industrial gas engine, both Re good engines, we have a straight grain truck with a 427, and a spreader truck with a 366, and they both are super tough engine, i wouldn't have a 3208 v-8 cat...... wished i had more pics of this rig, but both our trucks have the same nose,..... but the body and split wind shield ? that's a new one....toss two big cab clearance lights would have to go! and she would have to be 4x4...... two speed rear ends and  manual trans...... and i favor blue and white paint...... west coat mirrors.... instead of those small chevy, and no grab bars on the body..... delete the horn on the roof, And add a train horn under the body...... and Alcoa wheels. 

image.jpg

did you notice it looks like a split front window 

• Like 1

good eye fish!! yeah..... i sure did, that's the only medium duty chevy, or GM truck I've ever seen with a split window..... i wonder if it was a factory install, or custom add..... my guess would be a specail order from GM..... what do you think ? I've have seen those old square body Chevys that myself and jeep like, with two small wire antennas in the glass...... starts out at the bottom center, and goes up and one turns right, and the other turns left.... i looked for a pic but couldn't locate one...... something else i noticed, no door handle in plain veiw.... a six door, with a camper shell ?? talk about a bad a-- suburban....., i figured @jeepwm69 would have flipped out over this like i did. 

Looks to me like a custom build on an old Bob truck. 

Looks kinda sweet.  I'd hate to try to get it out if you stuck it though!

• Like 1

Doubt very serious that was factory  , I would guess the split window is either for the cool  factor or , because  the window in one piece would flex too much from the body having extra doors and crack the window ----would think that little middle piece would cause a blind spot , much like the Corvette split window did 

yep, if one sinks that girl, she stuck! i wonder if it's fwd.....no manaul locking hubs on the front, so it could have military top loading axles, I've seen some guys convert over to  those before..... talk about a tough setup. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

oh i want one of those too! I'd love to see the underside setup, and what she's got under the hood  i have got to stay off this thread.......lol! anyways .......... i have a question about this fire truck..... to me it KINDA resembles an older international..... (which I'm a big fan of) those were tuff as nails...... back in the day there were about a hand full of them, (about ten) farmer owned...... anyhow.....anyone have any idea what make this is ? it's got a badge center of the grill, but i can't make it out..... looks like westcaost mirrors and that center axle cap on the rear right hand side ?? well...... I'd like to have a look under this too. 

image.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh i want one of those too! I'd love to see the underside setup, and what she's got under the hood

i have a question about this fire truck..... to me it KINDA resembles an older international..... (which I'm a big fan of) those were tuff as nails......

I figured you would like the blue International above 

I think your fire truck is a International --- I can almost think I see a blue oval and ford in the front grill   ------   here is another couple  like itimage.png

image.png

• Like 2