Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

10 minutes ago, SamUK said:

Land Rover got it right from day one... About the only thing they got right though ! 😂😂

I dunno... they used that Buick motor for a long time 🤣😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SamUK said:

My point exactly buddy... Auto locking centre diff (viscous) or manual locking. All gears, no chains...

Land Rover got it right from day one... About the only thing they got right though ! 😂😂

Those Lucas electrical systems are awesome.  Best smoke ever!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ATC4ever said:

I dunno... they used that Buick motor for a long time 🤣😆

Oh yeah the rover V8 is junk, buics cast off haha... The t box was right though, don't change the subject !

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Those Lucas electrical systems are awesome.  Best smoke ever!

Hahaha... Lucas is good and has a very good reputation however, they work with automotive manufacturers and provide goods to spec which gives them a !*y reputation lol...

Can't take any credit away from Chevy though, they have the V8 world taken up in my eyes.. I'd love an LS3, feel free to ship me one folks !

I put a set of Borg Warner automatic locking hubs on my Bronco's front axle  , that was a mistake and waste of money , they were always getting stuck  , went back to the manual locking hubs 

Lucas, Lord of Darkness.

Dad had a Triumph TR3 in his younger days.  Between that and the odd MG around town I quickly learned that the electrical systems from the 60's British cars weren't exactly the best.

http://mez.co.uk/lucas.html

Of course, my 80's vintage AMC Jeeps are just as bad.  Have to run dedicated grounds everywhere because apparently AMC just decided to let the metal to metal contact between panels serve as grounds for all the electrical stuff.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2020 at 4:37 AM, LedFTed said:

i remember;;  i counted how many times the pinion turned. 3 and 3/4 roundabout. had to be a 373 under the 73cuda differential;;

273 or something around that is more like it. it had posi-traction with clutches in differential.

Edited by LedFTed
add some words

Here a few pic of a couple rigs i own, have built, use to build least one every winter, when was more motivated i use to do two a winter.  

7AE1739B-C7D8-43CA-B297-A43635E4338E.png

• Like 4

Its a 1946 Diamond T on a 85 CC chevy dually, with a 500ci caddy motor/tranny.  I built the visor from scratch, and thats the stock cab hight of an earlie Diamond T

1AC821DC-287E-4D33-A85F-24BF8AF7D3E4.jpeg

AF963D58-8C82-49A0-8286-EBC1EC7C92B3.jpeg

Edited by Buckchop
Add pic
  • Like 4

Nice , I know the Diamond T -------- my buddy is a diesel truck guy , he has a early Mack  38 model EE 

fullsizeoutput_bb9.jpeg

• Like 1

Buckchop: that Diamond T is the nuts!! Are you going to chrome the grill and side louvers? Then paint her black with some gold accents/stripes, One fantastic ride!

Fish, ohhh man that Mack is sweet, ive only cn a few of those around, my son is building a Brockway he got from me, think its 1951 but they look way older. 

Shrade, in 46 they where all painted. In 47 they started with stainless, so i think ill keep it painted trim, and stick with good old black and white

• Like 2

I’ve got some old pics somewheres of all the cars I’ve owned. 70 GS 455 Buick 69 gto  70 gto 71 gto two 73 dodge challengers rally 340s. 65 mustang with a 351 Windsor swap 9inch 389 gears. 69 firebird 428 4 speed. 69 charger 69 road runner. Probably a few other I’m forgetting. The Buick gran sport 455 with 364 gears was the fastest. I could roll 40mph and floor it and it would lite up both back tires. Miss that car. 

• Like 1

would be great to see how he mates up the two cranks and bolts the two cases together.

Just installed my birthday present from me to me!!!

Before 285/75/16 (32.8”)

After 295/70/17 (33.26”)

9CC1A6EE-4671-4103-9179-CC940DE443B4.jpeg

80E05410-8E0F-4471-9B77-023E6DEA9678.jpeg

• Like 6

Tires look good.  I like the OEM wheels on those GMT400's though.  I have a set of them behind my woodpile.  Now I just need to find a truck to put them on!  LOL

I can’t edit anymore. Just noticed it should say 295/70/17

Edited by Fishfiles
Changed it to 295/70/17