Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

The Batmobile  (on a stretched Ford Galaxie) at Barris Kustom City in late 1966

image.png

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

The Batmobile  (on a stretched Ford Galaxie) at Barris Kustom City in late 1966

image.png

The original was a 1955 Lincoln Futura concept car and according to this article they built five more from the Galaxies.  I never knew that some of them were created from Galaxies.  I do now.

1955 Lincoln Futura: The '66 Batmobile's Secret Identity (groovyhistory.com)

• Like 3

Sold my 383 two days ago. It was Bittersweet….. 60k invested, Appraised at 30k got 15k

797D2AE7-9CA3-40C8-8143-BF5D8C839267.jpeg

AE17F283-70CD-4296-9528-4FBBF428601C.jpeg

BEC96A0A-6955-417F-9387-ECB7F11BFC90.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Who ever got your truck got a deal ------ 

I was watching a TV show this week past , it was about US Seals that were wounded in battles , and one of the soldiers' name was Jason Wheeler , he has lost both of his legs 

• Like 1

I'll comment later, i been asking where the heck is wheeler and was told y'all had an extended ,vacation, hope y'all  had na great time, glad to see you back with us again !

• Like 1

Jason image.pngeler, of Flower Mound, TX, served in both the U.S. Navy during the Gulf War, and the U.S. Army Airborne Infantry. He lost both of his legs, and most of his eyesight  a training exercise in 2002 while rappelling out of a Blackhawk helicopter. He crushed his L4-L5 Lumbar, sustained C3-C7 compressed neck injuries and rod damage in both of his eyes has left him legally blind. However, because his injuries occurred stateside and not during combat, he has had difficulty getting the assistance he desperately needs, and deserves from the VA. 

image.png

Overboard ???  Money wise for sure   !!!!  Pavement Princess ..... 

image.png

something about the 60s and the 50s, were good years for trucks an cars. i had a few, though not that impressive, they were nice and affordable. the 65 barracuda, 300 dollars. the list gos on. only i keep some of them. the 55 chevy truck, 1st edition, 600 dollars. the passenger door would pop open, on occasion, still it was fun. all the stuff i drove was fun,.. at that time., an less expensive

an i went through a lot. they had to be good, the way i drove.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LedFTed said:

something about the 60s and the 50s, were good years for trucks an cars.

I think about 73 was the last year for a decent muscle car 

15 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Overboard ???  Money wise for sure   !!!!  Pavement Princess ..... 

image.png

Looking the reminds, why would anyone ,do a 4sd, like this  these new will not hold up to the old school trucks, anyway to each there on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Your friends truck is slick! Lwb, or short.....? 

Long wheel base , he said he was thinking of sending it to Oklahoma or where ever they do it and have it shortened , but decided to stay long 

He has an extreme amount of work into that 68  truck , LS engine , digital dash , factory A/C , power steering , power disc brakes , electric windows and door locks , etc , etc, etc and that truck is a CST , which meant Custom Sport Truck , ( top of the line )  to start with , it was his father in laws truck 

• Like 2

Can you get more pictures of it ( no rush ) get better 1st......cause i kinda know what your going through, yesterday i felt i had been flattened by a Mack truck bulldog and all........ LOL! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

68 Pontiac GTO 

image.png

Isn't that a Firebird?  More or less a Camero with a different grill, but you could get a 400 in the Firebird.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Isn't that a Firebird?  More or less a Camero with a different grill, but you could get a 400 in the Firebird.

Good question , looks like they are the same car pretty much 

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

In 1968, a Pontiac Firebird equipped with a Ram-Air 400 V8 made a claimed 325 horsepower,
while the same exact engine in a GTO made 360.

Why? GM had a rule in the 1960s that its cars couldn't make more than 1 horsepower for every 10 pounds of car (the only common exception being the Corvette, the other secret exception were 427 SS Chevelles sold on Indian reservations). The Firebird weighed around 3300 lb, while the GTO weighed 3600, hence the discrepancy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

image.png

GTO was quite a bit bigger.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

image.png

The Firebird had the same platform as a Camaro and the GTO had the same platform as the Chevelle.  The Firebird and GTO do have a similar styling but are two completely different cars.

When I was in high school I worked at an apartment complex mowing grass and a woman who lived there had a 1969 Trans Am which is a very fancy Firebird.  I'm pretty sure it had a 400 in it and was a very good looking car.  It looked like this.

Trans Am.jpg

Edited by RubiDan
reattach image
  • Like 1

Yea , the first gen GTO was big , I have a buddy has a red 64 GTO convertible , ya right , it is the first gen Chenelle body  , looks like this ,   he was on Street Outlaws with it ( fake crap show   )

then the 69

looked like the Cutlass 442 , they even called it " The Judge "  

image.pngimage.png

• Like 1