Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

7 minutes ago, 56Sierra said:

I dunno know.  Too early for my foggy brain to understand that one.

Looks like the bed and the front cap  of one truck ( maybe a 56 Chevy Apache ) and the cab of another later model , looks like a nice job 

• Like 2

1955 351 Pete ..... It's the same truck used in what movie with Dennis weaver ? And what movie mistake clearly gave away they used two similar  Pete's besides the fact one was powered by a cummins, and one a kat....... 

image.jpg

10 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

1955 351 Pete ..... It's the same truck used in what movie with Dennis weaver ? And what movie mistake clearly gave away they used two similar  Pete's besides the fact one was powered by a cummins, and one a kat....... 

image.jpg

Duel .

• Like 2

Yea she looked a little older than that. I called this movie the prequel to 'The Car'. 

duelll.jpeg

• Like 2

I kinda recall that movie (the car) but if your guessing what gave away they used two defrent trucks in duel ...... I read the breathers wre defrent... Color maybe, but i can't tell very much besides that, one was a 281 day cab, and the other was 351 day cab ....hope this pic is full view ..... Cause it doesn't look ful on my end. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

"The Car" starring James Brolin. Cool show which i think they wrecked the actual car at the end of the movie lol 😮 

the car.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Thanks ..... More ideas on how i could really customize that jeep ...... That sure would be defrent! 

• Like 1

T his one got me ....... The very 1st  edition true dodge bighorn..... I didn't even know dodge came  out with these.... Just too bad it was a short (VERY SHORT) production...(.2 or 3 years). And we had a ford just like this one, but  a 600 best i can recall..... It was an old co-op  feed bulk truck... The bed was all hydrolic operated....we took the bed off... Shortened the frame, and made a goose neck / fuel combo truck out her she was 4 speed  two speed rear with a very small industrail inline 6 cylinder .... And a 32 foot duel tandem we hauled round bales, plus square baled  straw to the co-op in columbia .... I spent alot time driving that rig certain times of the year......we ended up selling her to a collector ..... I hope she's been re done and now is a show truck... He used to keep in touch with us.... And over time..... We lost contact with hi and . This guy is very serious about his collection.... Some of these trucks have been in some famous movies back in the day.....but that old dodge got my attention. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

Twin V-8 ???? 

image.png

Maybe a setup for a type of boat ? Hmmm...... Not a clue besides that..... 

Some of those cab over units..... Also I've never see before.....truly rare treasures ...... I would think Jay Leno may know some of these collectors ..... Especially in that 1st video... A couple of those trucks (1st video) are used in the movie Hoffa with Jack Nicholson ..... 

So Don Prudhomme got a mention ^^^^ , here is the DragOn Lady , Shirley " Cha Cha " Muldowney   --- I remember her and Connie Kalitta were the Bounty Hunters 

image.png

• Like 1