Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

Pretty sure this one was posted before , or one very similar , consider it a bump 

image.png

• Like 1

I think this is the best truck ever built  1979 Ford --- don't think it is real ,  looks like a toy , wonder if it is 

image.png

• Like 1

Hey can i pick cars or what lol... i got my little "F40" at a Toronto Ferrari dealer back in 1991, sitting near a real F40. Now look at them.. crazy money, for a seasonal toy! 😤🧐

f4000.jpg

• Like 1

Hm....... Without looking that up, I'm reminded of a project car that was on the citcom show Tool Time (Tim the tool man) Taylor's red wagon.... I believe that wagon was / is a chevy nomad ? No idea what years they were produced... Where's the original wilson when you need advise on history lol! 

• Haha 1

I do believe that black one above ^^^ is a 1957 like this red one 

image.png

• Like 3

I think the black is a 58, the red is 57 for sure. I still have a Hot Rod mag i bought when i was 10 with all three '5' year Nomads on the cover. They are bigger $$ but i'd still take the 2 door over one 😏

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ATC4ever said:

I think the black is a 58, the red is 57 for sure. I still have a Hot Rod mag i bought when i was 10 with all three '5' year Nomads on the cover. They are bigger $$ but i'd still take the 2 door over one 😏

I think the black one could be a 56 or maybe a 55 , because I think you put the gas in thru the tail light on the 56 and that tail light sure does look right for it , this one below is a 56 , tail lights do look a little different 

1956 Nomad 

image.png

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I do believe that black one above ^^^ is a 1957 like this red one 

image.png

You are right.  The black one IS a 57, however it is a Pontiac Safari.  There maybe Olds and Buick models as well.

Gm made many cross-model vehicles.  Think Camaro/Firebird, Suburban/ Carry-All, or Chevelle/Skylark/Cutlass.

You can tell because 57 was the only year with the big fins.

Steve

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hm....... Without looking that up, I'm reminded of a project car that was on the citcom show Tool Time (Tim the tool man) Taylor's red wagon.... I believe that wagon was / is a chevy nomad ? No idea what years they were produced... Where's the original wilson when you need advise on history lol! 

The red wagon on Tool time was a 55 Nomad.  Until the beam dropped.  No one would ever crush a 55 Nomad, so it was switched out for a stunt car.  

What was crushed was a 55 two door Biscayne wagon.

Steve

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pampas56 said:

You are right.  The black one IS a 57, however it is a Pontiac Safari.  There maybe Olds and Buick models as well.

Gm made many cross-model vehicles.  Think Camaro/Firebird, Suburban/ Carry-All, or Chevelle/Skylark/Cutlass.

You can tell because 57 was the only year with the big fins.

Steve

Good eye , if you zoom in , you can read Safari 

7 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Good eye , if you zoom in , you can read Safari 

Actually, I could tell from the side moulding.  Sometimes that and badging were the only difference. 

Often they ALL came down the same assembly line.  A guy on my gm truck forum talked about a mid 80s truck that came off the assembly line with a chevy grill and left side badging and GMC badging and tail gate.

Just now, Pampas56 said:

The red wagon on Tool time was a 55 Nomad.  Until the beam dropped.  No one would ever crush a 55 Nomad, so it was switched out for a stunt car.  

What was crushed was a 55 two door Biscayne wagon.

Steve

Oh...... I had forgotten about that beam incident till you just reminded me, now i recall.... Cringing when that happened... I think my thought besides cringing was how could they crush such a beautiful car... I'm not one for station wagons, but those classics look good to me!  Must have been simple better times back then... Not like cars nowa days... You thump a dent in some of these thin skinned cars, but those were made to last! Eh what can you say ? A classic will always be a classic, i know guy that WAS refurbing one, fish you might recall twinky ? Guy that hunted (past tense)  on this place, and payed by supplying firewood ? His father used to refurb a few classics, and one was a nomad, i only got to see a tad as he didnt let anyone see them till he was done,well, one day i was over to his place, and twinky invited me for a sneak preview... The color was a split mix pink,purple flake ..... That changed shades as your view angle changed.... Now when he had the driveshaft chrome plated he showed that off, but wouldn't let anyone see the car till completed.. I just saw the a!! End didnt even get to see the inside or engine room. 

58 minutes ago, Pampas56 said:

Actually, I could tell from the side moulding.  Sometimes that and badging were the only difference. 

Often they ALL came down the same assembly line.  A guy on my gm truck forum talked about a mid 80s truck that came off the assembly line with a chevy grill and left side badging and GMC badging and tail gate.

We had an S10 Blazer in town sold new with a Jimmy tailgate.

My grandfather owned a Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership from the late 40's (started as Pontiac only, added the others later) until 1990.   The 80's GM stuff was HORRIBLE.

Still have the 83 GMC my dad bought new from my grandfather.  Within a couple of years the speedometer, gas gauge, and AC had all crapped out.  They tried fixing the AC a couple of times, and the speedometer, but ultimately dad drove the truck with all that crap broken for years.   I fixed the gas gauge and speedo, but the AC is going to require a new compressor (R4 with a shaft leak)

87 Buick station wagon was the last GM car for us.  Roof rack leaked water all over the interior the day after Dad drove it home from the dealership.   My grandfather got it fixed, but by that point Dad was tired of having to take new cars in over and over again to be fixed.

He bought my sister a 1988 Accord before her senior year of high school, and my family hasn't bought anything but Hondas since, with the exception of my 2001 4runner and the wife's 2019 Lexus GX.

• Like 2

You know.... I think they messed up when they got away from the ol big long.A6 a/c compressor, johndeere used those for years... Then they also went with those little small ones..... I always liked the olds cutlass model.... My pops got one slightly used light matalic charcoal flake paint, but had a v-6 .... We had to replace the thermostat one Sunday .... There's no telling what all we took off just to be able to see it, ended up using a 3/8 drive with a universal on the end just to remove the bolts, right off hand ... I think he chose to lieve the thermostat out... But all in all took a couple hours just to remove the locked one... I won't touch one of those now.... It was a beautiful car... Had those famous cutlass painted wheels with the inserts ... But not worth keeping with that v-6 ..... I agree the 80's vehicles from GM .... We're lacking....fenders on those square body pickups... We're notorious for rusting out especially right over the rear tires... 

• Like 1