Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

This is my '69 Chevelle. Bought it a few years ago. Need to get the 468 big block and th400 in.  I've also got a '97 S10 SS that I'm putting an LQ9 in.

FB_IMG_1548985965556.jpg

• Like 5

I never thought I would have a green car but it caught my eye on Craigslist and my wife said go look at it. I beat feet to it!

13 minutes ago, tooomuch7 said:

Those are two wild rides! 

Which two??    The scuba car and the jet limo ???  

the diesel powered units got me ... especially the sand buggy .. i saw alot of familure engines ... 5.9 cummins, 855 cummmins, 8-v silver Detroit , 3406 b model cat  3408 v-8 cat ...   i didn't see any Allison aircraft engines ... 

I am thinking seriously about going off on a different horse thru the mud , I been after my buddy to buy his Bronco for quite a few years now and he is finally ready to sell it to me , the last year Bronco , 1976 , 302 , PS , disc brakes , gear driven transfer case , straight axle in the front , lift kit ,  a real mud truck , it is a rust bucket , but you don't find them for sale any more , I wouldn't be into too much cosmetic work , just mechanical , I would drive it on the street 

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

• Like 7

reminds me of the one my pop had ... just this one except all white .... I'd love to get my hands on one in god shape.... i haven't seen one around these parts in years!

image.jpg

• Like 3

WOW Wilson , that is a blast from the past , Sunday driver Bronco , nice ---- 

Wilson , I would guess that one you pic'ed is a 1967 ----

I use to have a couple of them , my nicest one was a  1982 -----  but I wouldn't want anything over 1976

What year did you have TBRider ? 

82 Bronco XLT.jpg

• Like 1

thanks, fish. i was about 7, or 8 at the time.... i do think it was a 76 ... if memory serves me right ... inline 6 , or maybe a 4 banger .4x4.., trans was 3 on the tree ... i remeber later on years down the road... my pop was not happy he had sold it, 

• Like 1

Oh man Fish, you outta be all over that.  66-77 Bronco's have gotten stupid expensive.  Even rusted out junk now brings big bucks.

When I bought my first Jeep back in the early 90's, you could get one for $3K all day long in good shape.  My Jeep cost me twice that.

Jeep prices haven't moved much.  Those old Broncos have gone up 10x's what they cost 30 years ago.

Unless he wants stupid money for that thing, BUY IT.

• Like 1

I'd love to have a 76 bronco.... none of that computer / emissions crap...  carburated ....  not one of those the flex fuel toy vehicles they have now.. it's too bad people go for those junk machines... even the newer honda atvs don't hold a candle to the old school machines. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I'd love to have a 76 bronco.... none of that computer / emissions crap...  carburated ....  not one of those the flex fuel toy vehicles they have now.. it's too bad people go for those junk machines... even the newer honda atvs don't hold a candle to the old school machines. 

I am getting cold feet on the Bronco deal  , I know it is going to become a money pit , but I am still on the fence  , know I will never see another one that runs this cheap , he wants my log splitter bad and in his deal , he owes me $250 , so   he came up with  the log splitter and $1,000 and we would be even 

Just so happen to have one of the best Bronco restorers , works out his garage about 5 miles from me , old Broncos are all he does , they come out better than the show room floor , a friend just took one to him , a 1979 model , the price use to be $25-50K for a total redo before Corona , bet that price went up , my buddy went with a $30k job , will take a year to finish , he is about 6 months in right now , it was kaka brown and baby crap yellow , hope he changes the colors