Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

Well I e had NOTHING but ISSUES since day 1 after I installed the Holley Sniper EFI on my 383.. so today the decision was made after consulting the shop, that I’m going back to basics.. 

The Sniper, HyperSpark Dizzy getting removed. Going with a new Edlebrock AVS2 Carb, MSD Mechanical/Vacuum Advance Dizzy. Keep the Blaster Coil, & new 340LHR Fuel Pump with regulator to back er down... 

fingers crossed all my issues will be resolved!!!

• Like 1

Interesting.  That sniper EFI kit has been pretty popular with the Jeep guys.

I'm sticking to my MC2100 carbs.  Dang things are so simple my one year old could probably rebuild one.

• Like 1

@jeepwm69 I’ve had nothing but issues from day 1. Leans out, won’t start ect. I’ve tried 2 speed shops who “say” they k ow how to work on them. The second shop knew a lot more based off their answers to my research. I’ve been dealing with them. I keep leaning out, & have starting issues. 

I read one article on hot rod magazine where they took a car with carb, did baseline, then installed a sniper. Carb made more hp/tq than efi.. 

im just done. Go camping, then truck in shop for week to “try” & fix/tune it.. 

carb, dialed in = no computer trying to control the fueling ect..

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 2

Yep, EFI is great when it's working, but it's a ! to troubleshoot.  I like carbs. 

• Like 2

I think if you are going to dabble with EFI and want the best performance results , you need your own lap top , software and knowledge , to dial it in yourself  

• Like 1

I agree @Fishfiles u r correct. If u are smart with that kinda thing! I just don’t want to try that kind of gamble with my knowledge. My luck I’d blower up! That’s why they having speed shops per say, but u always have to find one that KNOWS their stuff. I know I can’t go wrong with a carb. They aren’t rocket science & been around since what??? 1912?? Lol

Edited by Wheeler

New Edelbrock AVS2 Carb installed....picked it up couple days ago. I had them advance the timing from 15* to 17*. Made nice improvement. Truck finally fires up like Nobodies Business with 1 pump. Gonna take the trailer out this week end, so will will see how I fair...

48E25FDC-6BC6-4698-8665-D5B3524E5748.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 3

looks great... the engine room is nice and neat .. one question... are those ac lines insulated ...because it looks like the Receiver Dryer is... 

image.jpg

• Thanks 1

!... I have no clue about the AC... I k ow it doesn’t work, & my neighbour’s an ac guy who is gonna check it out for me

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

Seen that on the FB page. Looks nice. Not a fan of the exhaust though...

• Like 1

oh okay.... 10 to 1 it's the compressor ... seal.... ask him if he can get Johnson's freeze 12 ..... it's hands over 134a ... i personaly swopped all our cab equipment over to it ... but around here its all  gotten super expensive .... 

1 hour ago, F250 guy said:

Really cool interesting thread going here.

F250 So what’s your dream machine on your bucket list or something you had and wish you never sold.  And don’t tell me a Polaris 800. Lol. 

49 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

F250 So what’s your dream machine on your bucket list or something you had and wish you never sold.  And don’t tell me a Polaris 800. Lol. 

49 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Well since ya asked a green Honda 300 with factory flares something to trail run. Or a 1986 CJ7 jeep, 258 straight 6, 5 speed twin stick t case, 33x12.50 tires on 15 inch wheels, but the im trying to decide weather or not to get this green 95 300 before it's gone or get the Jeep for 2,500.00. BTW both are the same price, vehicle or trail rig of my own so we being my mother m n me won't have to fight with my uncle just to bring two wheelers down for a trail ride this summer. 

What to do what to do. 

Been unemployed 8 months now, nobody's taking people with landscaping and mechanical experience. I wanna build engines and make a great living. Boy ya go to a trade school for automotive mechanic in highschool and after I get out, get hit with people passing away in your family left n right, then move then get a city mowing job for 7 months then can't find work after Christmas.

Nobody's hiring. I wonder if I should get supplemental income and do what I want to be happy. 

Screenshot_20200814-105058.png

Screenshot_20200815-163308.png

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

Do you have something to drive on the street ,  if a job where to find you ? ---  trucks are more expensive to keep running , you can have fun with a atv for less money , that's  if you already have a street ride , you might have to be willing to have a long drive time to find work 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Do you have something to drive on the street ,  if a job where to find you ? ---  trucks are more expensive to keep running , you can have fun with a atv for less money , that's  if you already have a street ride , you might have to be willing to have a long drive time to find work 

That's what I was going to get the Jeep or a 3,500 Toyota Tacoma 4cyl 5 speed 4wd. Still have some time to decide, figure a set of wheels would b more important though. Just seen the 300 and thought wow now we can go trail ride with no fighting with anybody ya know. I got almost 12 grand saved up.

I'm not giving up, but just to throw this in the lady at the unemployment office when I originally filed for benefits to get me by told me "I'd seriously consider staying close to home" with my mother working I'm understanding what she meant with the virus deal I'm paying bills and cleaning house..

Edited by F250 guy
  • Like 1

I think I would make my street ride my priority , something  practical that would take me to work ----but " all work and no play will make Jack a dull boy " , $2,500 for a clean 300 with low hours , well kept and in very good condition , isn't out the box , but it is on the upper end ------ that Jeep looks like a money pit to me , but who am I to say , I have wasted money on toys before 

1 minute ago, Fishfiles said:

I think I would make my street ride my priority , something  practical that would take me to work ----but " all work and no play will make Jack a dull boy " , $2,500 for a clean 300 with low hours , well kept and in very good condition , isn't out the box , but it is on the upper end ------ that Jeep looks like a money pit to me , but who am I to say , I have wasted money on toys before 

Well this is what I was thinking about, or the Jeep. Had the frame replaced under recall has 250,000 miles. Seen the Jeep after this and thought hmm would be really cool. But I think practical wins.

Look up million miles Toyota Tacoma on YouTube. I was amazed. Plus I kinda had a soft spot for these trucks. 

Screenshot_20200815-172219.png

• Like 2