Fishfiles

Classic / Hot Rods / Trucks

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

I had first shot at this jewel yesterday -LOL-   I got to ride it and it is fast , we figure in the high 30s , I was a bit scared ----- he wanted $400 , I did offer him $200 and he wouldn't budge off $400 , if the wheels would have matched I might have gone a bit higher , that mudder is loud , which was another down point and the header is scary 

%YxlF1evTbqmqYKEM+OaRw.jpg

Build it yourself and it will be more fun!

I built one of these and sold it a while back. Go 2-smoke. The 4-stroke kits are crap in my experience.

Kits are only about $300 for the really good 80cc ones that have been QC'ed

My build was on a bike with shocks and fat tires and was basically a motorcycle. It was awesome!

If you have a good bicycle with shock just buy the motor and build one. I regret selling mine...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oh400ex said:

Build it yourself and it will be more fun!

I built one of these and sold it a while back. Go 2-smoke. The 4-stroke kits are crap in my experience.

Kits are only about $300 for the really good 80cc ones that have been QC'ed

My build was on a bike with shocks and fat tires and was basically a motorcycle. It was awesome!

If you have a good bicycle with shock just buy the motor and build one. I regret selling mine...

We have a 50+ mile bike trail 3/8 a mile from my house , no motorized vehicles , I use to get by with a E-Zip electric  , the controller burned up and only way to fix it would be need everything , that bike might make a good donor bike , very heavy duty and already set up with speedo , lights , racks , etc , etc ---you got me thinking , think I might give up speed and power for less noise and smoke , the 4 stroke is really that bad ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

We have a 50+ mile bike trail 3/8 a mile from my house , no motorized vehicles , I use to get by with a E-Zip electric  , the controller burned up and only way to fix it would be need everything , that bike might make a good donor bike , very heavy duty and already set up with speedo , lights , racks , etc , etc ---you got me thinking , think I might give up speed and power for less noise and smoke , the 4 stroke is really that bad ? 

The two stroke is that much better. When you have such a small engine it makes so much more power it is night and day. 

This is my limited experience though so grain of salt. Gearing is almost always more important than power on these anyway.

Mine was quiet. We put a real muffler on it and it sounded like a really quiet chainsaw. Not bad at all.

I love the smell of two smokes so that does not bother me but smoke and smell are going to be there no matter what.

Your conversion would be simple if it lines up like a regular bike frame.

I had such a good experience with the 80cc two-stroke bike kit that I couldn't recommend anything else

Once off the break-in oil they don't smoke too bad either...

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

I love the smell of 2 stroke oil burning myself , I have had many 2 stroke motorcycles , dirt , trail and street , Kawasaki 500 triple was my favorite , got to love the sound of the ying , ying , ying   "" Ka----Wa----Sa----Ki----------  " 

• Haha 1

Oh400' -----     What is the brand name of the kit you used , I am very interested in a motorized bicycle build , this is the prospect bike , it is a heavy duty bike 

fullsizeoutput_d44.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Oh400' -----     What is the brand name of the kit you used , I am very interested in a motorized bicycle build , this is the prospect bike , it is a heavy duty bike 

I was searching to find out and can't remember. It was a china motor that someone in the states did some work on and resold after quality control but I can't remember the company...

I've never bought from this place personally but have heard really good things - https://www.gasbike.net

Sorry I'm not more help but if you can find a local place that might be a good starting point for more info.

image.png

$219 with free shipping , it is on the way -------------  the 2 Lithium batteries in the E-Zip were $300 each back when , so $219 is a deal , LOL 

I was going 4 stroke , then realized I would have had to change the foot crank , so went 2 stroke 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

$219 with free shipping , it is on the way -------------  the 2 Lithium batteries in the E-Zip were $300 each back when , so $219 is a deal , LOL 

I was going 4 stroke , then realized I would have had to change the foot crank , so went 2 stroke 

Awesome! 

That is going to be a fun one for sure!

Don't get all excited and forget to take pictures lol I wanna see the build

Edit: That looks like the exact engine that I used BTW. Tons of power

We did change the gearing a bit... didn't care about top speed and wanted to do hills and wheelies lol

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

I also thought that the vibration was noticeable enough for me to want something for it.

I used the slip-on foam grips. (Being that you ride in mud... you are probably really familiar lol)

These are good but overpriced IMO... a good example of what I'm talking about

https://www.amazon.com/Grip-Puppy-Comfort-Grips-Original/dp/B00CP9ADD8

Edited by oh400ex
  • Like 1

I'm completely torn on what to say and or think of that on fish, awfully shinny

• Like 1

It had to be a wrecked project, the emblems say bronco but I think it has a shorter wheel base, there's alot of work into that..... you can polish a turd and make it shiny.

• Like 1

here's a real classic ... tucked in (short rear end axle) one ton dually, I'd like to have this truck. without it being a 4 door. 

image.jpg

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, TBRider said:

I'm completely torn on what to say and or think of that on fish, awfully shinny

looks like a 79 bronco.  Roof cut and moved forward over the hood.  Looks like the hood don’t open no more. Must have a removable tunnel over the engine  like a van. Would guess you would have to lift the body off to work on the engine.   Looks like the door might open but you wouldn’t have much room to get in and out.  I wouldn’t want it.  Fits the topic.  What the he!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TBRider said:

It had to be a wrecked project, the emblems say bronco but I think it has a shorter wheel base, there's alot of work into that..... you can polish a turd and make it shiny.

if you look just below the passenger side mirror ... looks to be a handle ... i would think the hood is tilt up, or is removable ..

• Like 1

I doubt mud would ever touch those fenders again unless you roll it over in a hole....lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

image.png

They fooled me with the drive by claiming it was a 300 , that is actually a Polaris Scrambler 500 ^^^^  

43 minutes ago, TBRider said:

I doubt mud would ever touch those fenders again unless you roll it over in a hole....lol

How do you get up on it ? You would have to have a assistant with a extension ladder -----   If you were to fall off , wow ,  you could get hurt bad , got to be 10-12 ft to the seat 

55 minutes ago, TBRider said:

if you rolled that over ... you'd be head to the hospital more then likely... lol .... i reckon that build is what happens when a mechanic looses his mind ?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

if you rolled that over ... you'd be head to the hospital more then likely... lol .... i reckon that build is what happens when a mechanic looses his mind ?? 

I wouldn't want to be the mechanic working on it  ------  you would need a docking station ----

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

agreed ... something looks odd about that right side door mirror mount ... 

image.jpg

Big time photoshopped! lol Whered the mirror bracket go too 😛 

• Like 1