ddb171

Headlight sockets needed 400EX 450R, 450ER, 700XX

Hi all, I have a customer that brought his 2006 TRX450ER in for some repair work. One of the things he needed was a complete headlight assembly. He has limited funds so I found a headlight housing on ebay and ordered it. I did not realize it was missing the metal sockets until I tried to assemble it. They are not a part that you can buy separate from the housing. They are the part that is held in by 2 screws that the bulb sits in. So to my point, Does anyone have any extras or have a broken housing laying around that they would be interested in selling the sockets out of? I believe the 400EX 450R, 450ER, 700XX all are the same when it comes to the metal socket. Thanks, Dan

Seems I remember a thread where members where swapping LED bulbs and bulb holders into existing light housings , might be useful for you if you can't find what you need 

Let me check my parts bin. I removed my stock headlight assembly years ago. It came off my 05 400ex so you may want to look up and see if its capatable. I will see if i can find it.

• Like 1

Thanks Slammed. From what I can tell they are the same. Since they don't have a separate part number from the headlight housing I'm just going on the bulb style and from looking pictures of them on ebay.

Sorry to have gotten your hopes up. I searched all my parts bins and stopped by our storage unit today and had no luck finding it. Im gunna say i must have trashed it at some point. Probably when i race cut my wire harness. Since its never able to go back on again.

Thanks for looking Slammed. I'm hoping I'll find someone like myself that can't throw something away if it still has one good part left on it, Haha. That drives my woman crazy. She sees my stuff and sees nothing but junk. She needs to wear my glasses when she comes out to the shop. They turn a rosy tint as soon as I walk in the door.