Snaggletooth

'98 Foreman Voltage regulator plug missing

I have a '98 Foreman 450 that is missing its voltage regulator. My problem is that whoever took it cut the plug off also. 
I have another plug but I'm at a loss with these three identical yellow wires. Is there a way I can tell what order they should go in or am I out of luck here?
I could always play the guessing game, but I'd rather not if I can help it.

450wires.jpg

Edited by Snaggletooth

Appreciate it. I see they all go to the alternator, so does it not matter what position they go to on the plug then?
I'm trying not to burn up anything, if that's even something I need to worry about here.

47 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Appreciate it. I see they all go to the alternator, so does it not matter what position they go to on the plug then?
I'm trying not to burn up anything, if that's even something I need to worry about here.

it does not matter which yellow wire goes to each other yellow wire, all go to stator. if in doubt ?, buy another wire harness, otherwise, wire them up..run it.

• Like 2

Which harness is cut? The stator subharness or the main? Sub might be easier to scavenge from another stator but the main might be harder to find

2 hours ago, Goober said:

Which harness is cut? The stator subharness or the main? Sub might be easier to scavenge from another stator but the main might be harder to find

reg/rec is on main harness.

25 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Thanks for the help, I've got it all connected again and I'm on to troubleshooting the rest of it.

I see your from the Sportsman's Paradise , what part ? ------  I am in Lacombe !  ----    I knew a guy named Leroy Brown , use to call people snaggletooth 

9 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I see your from the Sportsman's Paradise , what part ? ------  I am in Lacombe !  ----    I knew a guy named Leroy Brown , use to call people snaggletooth 

I'm up around Alexandria.
Doesn't ring any bells on my end.

3 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

I'm up around Alexandria.
Doesn't ring any bells on my end.

i use to hunt in Dry Prong / Catahoula , just north of Alex 

Oh yeah, nice. Yeah not far off. I haven't been up to Catahoula in a few years now. Closest I've been to Lacombe is along I10.

I think I would solder them wires and not use butt connectors      ------     You got the  Foot Shift or ES Foreman ? 

54 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

I think I would solder them wires and not use butt connectors      ------     You got the  Foot Shift or ES Foreman ? 

I'll be going back over everything once I get it to spark again so I'll probably do that then. It's a foot shift.

• Like 1