Stateboy

I just added to my Honda fleet

Greetings from Northern Michigan. I just picked up a white 2017 Honda Foreman 500 (TRX500fe2) with 500 miles on it. Its my first ATV (for me) and this one is all stock. It's an addition to my current Honda fleet that consists of a 2006 CRF 230F, a 2009 CRF 230M, a 2019 Pioneer 1000-5 and a 2022 TRX90. I'll be seeking owner and service manuals for the Foreman since neither manual came with it. 

20220411_193248.jpg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Stateboy said:

Greetings from Northern Michigan. I just picked up a white 2017 Honda Foreman 500 (TRX500fe2) with 500 miles on it. Its my first ATV (for me) and this one is all stock. It's an addition to my current Honda fleet that consists of a 2006 CRF 230F, a 2009 CRF 230M, a 2019 Pioneer 1000-5 and a 2022 TRX90. I'll be seeking owner and service manuals for the Foreman since neither manual came with it. 

20220411_193248.jpg

Welcome aboard.

Service manual is located in the link in the tool bar on the homepage towards the top of the page.

Owners manual you’ll likely have to pick up on eBay or at your local dealership

• Like 1

welcome to the forums. now quick..take it back,,trade it for a manual shift model !..lol.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

Welcome aboard.

Service manual is located in the link in the tool bar on the homepage towards the top of the page.

Owners manual you’ll likely have to pick up on eBay or at your local dealership

I looked through those and there was not one for a 2017. I think there was one for 2012-2016 so I may download that one for now until a 2017 manual surfaces. I presume there isn't much of a model change from 2016 to 2017. Thanks for the heads up on the manuals.

17 minutes ago, Stateboy said:

I looked through those and there was not one for a 2017. I think there was one for 2012-2016 so I may download that one for now until a 2017 manual surfaces. I presume there isn't much of a model change from 2016 to 2017. Thanks for the heads up on the manuals.

they should be very close in yr models stateboy.

16 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Welcome to the forum ,  white looks sharp 

Thanks. The seller had a red one with similar miles just like it. It's still listed even though he told me 5-6 days ago when I picked mine up that he had it sold to a family friend. I like the white too. I already have a red Honda.

20210619_192309.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 1:50 PM, shadetree said:

welcome to the forums. now quick..take it back,,trade it for a manual shift model !..lol.

I toyed with the idea of a good old fashioned shift model but I like the fully auto feature (DCT) on my Pioneer 1000-5. The electric shift feature on the Foreman was a go-between compromise of the auto and manual shift for me.

3 hours ago, Stateboy said:

I toyed with the idea of a good old fashioned shift model but I like the fully auto feature (DCT) on my Pioneer 1000-5. The electric shift feature on the Foreman was a go-between compromise of the auto and manual shift for me.

just pray it holds up ?!. manual shifts are a true and proven design, electric shifts and auto's have not held up.

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

just pray it holds up ?!. manual shifts are a true and proven design, electric shifts and auto's have not held up.

I saw in the owners manual that there's a method to manually shift with the right tools if auto or electric shifting fails while out and about. It sounds like the engineers wanted to keep people from getting stranded if/when the time comes that it does fail. I hope not to regret the decision. I think I also like and prefer manual shifting but I thought I'd give ES a try this time around. So far, so good. 😁

5 hours ago, Stateboy said:

I saw in the owners manual that there's a method to manually shift with the right tools if auto or electric shifting fails while out and about. It sounds like the engineers wanted to keep people from getting stranded if/when the time comes that it does fail. I hope not to regret the decision. I think I also like and prefer manual shifting but I thought I'd give ES a try this time around. So far, so good. 😁

the tool should be in the tool kit on your ATV , it looks like this , they sell for $3.25 

image.png

On 4/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, Stateboy said:

20220411_193248.jpg

Nice rig!

• Like 1

On 4/18/2022 at 3:50 AM, Fishfiles said:

the tool should be in the tool kit on your ATV , it looks like this , they sell for $3.25 

image.png

I actually found the tool where it was supposed to bea after seeing your post. I'll have to read up on how it's used. The tool kit was also intact (without as many tools at Partzilla says should be in there). I acquired a paper copy of the manual after downloading the pdf. That should put me at it's original state now. I pulled the cover off the engine and saw there was still some Alabama red dirt on the components that hadn't been washed off. The seller told me he purchased it from Alabama a few years ago.

• Like 2