Fishfiles

Parts for sale --- Lacombe , La

I have a lot of parts to fit :  1988-2000 300A + FW  , 1998-2004 450S and FM , 1985-1987 250 Fourtrax  , 1986-1987 200SX  ---- not going to ship big or heavy parts , like plastics or engines --- let me know what you looking for with a PM 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

new to site AND atvs.  picked up jacked up 1986 fourtrax 250 off craiglist - engine end of starter shredded to pieces, which flattened a few teeth on the idle gear (see picture)

I think it's called the idle gear - it has inner smaller / outer larger toothed wheels - one wheel connects to the teeth on the starter - I know basically NOTHING about engines, gears, etc. but am learning.

shoot me a price.  i'm only a few hours north of you.  send pic when can - I need to do some measuring to ensure it's the right size. 

** also shoot me prices on carb (only if original) and front light if available - I have no idea what contraption carb is on this bike at present - see picture

IMG_2075.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

you need to pull the starter, and see if any teeth from it has stripped as well ?.

DRA) , I think I been thru this same thing with someone before , I have some 250 engines that are taken apart , those gears are already gone  or broken  teeth  , I have a couple , maybe 3  complete 250 engines between 85-87 , I would not want to take the gears out of one of them as they are complete engines , some with wiring harnesses and electrical components still connected , do you want to buy an entire engine ?  ----- 

No sir, not an entire engine - although that likely would take a lot of headache away.  What would you sell an engine for?  A couple hundred bucks I imagine.  I wouldn't think this machine ain't worth but $300-400, if that - it doesn't run yet.  I've been looking online at starter gears - around $40-50 - but I gotta make sure there ain't more going on in the innards. 

If your electric start piece was available I might be interested in that.  It also has no driver's side brake handle/cable apparatus or front light (wiring is there but no light or frame to hold light).

IMG_2053.JPG

IMG_2054.JPG

No sir, not an entire engine - although that likely would take a lot of headache away.  What would you sell an engine for?  A couple hundred bucks I imagine.  I wouldn't think this machine ain't worth but $300-400, if that - it doesn't run yet.  I've been looking online at starter gears - around $40-50 - but I gotta make sure there ain't more going on in the innards. 

If your electric start piece was available I might be interested in that.  It also has no driver's side brake handle/cable apparatus or front light (wiring is there but no light or frame to hold light).

IMG_2079.JPG

sorry for double post - still learning how the site works.  was trying to respond to shadetree's comment about the starter.

battery turned neutral light on but was badly rusted at terminals - will get new battery

before I pour a buncha cash into this thing, tell me if this plan is sensible - remember, I am a novice - my "plan" may be idiotic

1) buy/install starter and starter/idler gear - $100

2) buy battery - $50

3) inspect/clean carb - throttle cable is rigged but operable from what I can tell

4) haven't yet tested spark plug for spark

5) can't I jump this thing with a screwdriver using solenoid once battery is in?  i'd rather try this first to see if it'll at least turn over and there ain't no grinding in main part of engine, then can purchase ignition switch w/ key for $15-20 on amazon if I decide to pursue it; if grinding / other stuff heard, i'll try to piece out the parts or take it to scrap yard

Seems I remember something about different numbers of teeth on different model years  , but maybe that was the 350A and 350D I am thinking about

I just looked and there was a change , 85 is different than 86-87 ---

These are the number of teeth on the three gears

85  was 27/27/21 teeth 

86-87 was 43/18 - 25/21  confusing how one gear ( 43/18) is listed as  two different teeth numbers for the same gear 

I would think that the gears from 85 to the 86-87  are interchangable as long as you change them as  a set , the later  set may have improved start ' abillity or fixed a problem with teeth breaking as I have read this same problem of broken teeth quite a few times now , it has never happened to me 

so be careful what you buy , watch the number of teeth of each gear 

9 hours ago, Dra) said:

battery turned neutral light on but was badly rusted at terminals - will get new battery

before I pour a buncha cash into this thing, tell me if this plan is sensible - remember, I am a novice - my "plan" may be idiotic

1) buy/install starter and starter/idler gear - $100

2) buy battery - $50

3) inspect/clean carb - throttle cable is rigged but operable from what I can tell

4) haven't yet tested spark plug for spark

5) can't I jump this thing with a screwdriver using solenoid once battery is in?  i'd rather try this first to see if it'll at least turn over and there ain't no grinding in main part of engine, then can purchase ignition switch w/ key for $15-20 on amazon if I decide to pursue it; if grinding / other stuff heard, i'll try to piece out the parts or take it to scrap yard

1- starter gears are always on ebay, make sure you purchase the correct set for your YEAR !.

2- careful on what brand battery you buy ?, and NEVER RUN IT WITHOUT A BATTERY INSTALLED !.

3- TRASH THAT CARB !, its not the oem/CORRECT CARB FOR THAT ATV !!.

4-but a new spark plug, regardless if that old one works or not ?.

5- yes, you can jump the solenoid once a new battery is installed.

6- almost any front brake lever from any honda atv from a 250 fourtrax to trx300 will work, posb even a lever from a trx450 as well ?.

• Like 3

it is the 43T/18T - orderd from ebay today - $46 - thanks for the heads up - coulda made a costly mistake

I see starters on amazon and try to get the product with the most positive reviews

is there a solid brand of starter you recommend?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dra) said:

it is the 43T/18T - orderd from ebay today - $46 - thanks for the heads up - coulda made a costly mistake

I see starters on amazon and try to get the product with the most positive reviews

yes !!!!. plz purchase your starter from D&B electrical !!!!.

On 1/1/2020 at 5:03 PM, Dra) said:

Good questions 

you can go to Rocky Mountain atv or Partzilla and look up your machine. They have your machine listed by frame VIN and illustrated parts breakdowns showing part numbers. You need this info to get the best OEM parts.

not all sellers know or acknowledge the differences in parts applicability. Like members ^^^ said every year there were advances in reliability and performance resulting in different parts

Edited by Goober

On 1/4/2021 at 7:46 PM, mcqlln said:

Got a 2001 450S engine?

I just seen your post today on 1/9/20 by accident , I have several 450S and ES  engines in the shed , whether they run are not  is unknown as I bought them in a lot , for sure they are good part engines  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mcqlln said:

Prices on 450s?

Local pick up ? Shipping would be a zillion dollars  

Yes , Southeast east  Texan ain't about 4 hours away , seems local to me 

• Like 1

Hi Fish,

I have been troubleshooting electrical problem in the 2000 450S I recently bought and definitely found a problem.

Rodent nest in the battery box.

Wire chewed up coming out of fuse box and ground wire chewed on starter solenoid plug end.

Fuse box assembly OEM part # 32401-HNO-AOO

Solenoid OEM part # 35850-HM7-OOO

If its something you can help me out with it would be much appreciated!!

fuse box.jpg

starter solenoid.jpg

@THH, I can take a look at the haring harnesses I have  ----   I might solder and repair that solenoid wire , they sell for $93 OEM and that is a good number  you got  ------I know I have at least 2 ES harnesses , seen them day before  , not sure on the 450 S >>>>  took a look at the 2000 ES and 2000S to see if they are the same sub harness , different part numbers ,  sub harness looks the same in the picks  but one number difference in part number , might be the same part and that difference is for tracking of the parts in Honda's system  ---------  I have tow running 450S myself , so if I do have  only " one " of the 450S fuse boxes ,  I ain't going to lie , I might not want to get rid of it and hang on to it as a spare , in case them mice come by my house