Cory

2021 Honda rubicon 520

17 minutes ago, CadeH said:

@toodeep I was driving and the rpm’s just went up and the bike started to slow. I looked at the display and is was just a dash. I stopped but the bike was still running. I tried to shift it with the buttons but it would not do anything. So I turned off the bike and it would not start back up. So I brought it home checked the battery and it looked good but I charged it overnight. I got up the next day and still nothing so I got the manual tool and was able to get it into neutral. Then I was able to get the bike started but when I tried to shift it into drive with the buttons the green “N” would disappear and then return. So that is where I am stuck…

You replied while I was typing all the steps to check things. If the internal magnets broke it was probably just the shift motor. If things look a little rough I would check the shift reduction gears also.

I Will take a look for it but don't have it on hand. I got the shifter motor from Pro Cycle 

@CadeH Also with those gears removed shift it manually to make sure it returns by itself to the mid position. If the shift stop/return bolt broke internally it can do some weird things causing damage elsewhere. Just things to check so your only fixing it once

The shift motor is 31300-HP5-601 but your replying faster than my internet connection is letting me. lol

@Cory you were correct, the shifter motor went out. Me and my wife have the same bike just different colors so I swapped out the shifter motor with hers and it works perfectly. i have the new one on order and it should be arriving today. Thank you and @toodeep for your help!