Airmed40

2004 honda rancher TE help

So I can't find a meter for this year model, mine cracked and fizzled out. Can't find new meter. Anyone know how I can retrofit another meter or work around not having a display. Someone told me @AKATV might be the jedi master that could help....

I replied to your direct message yesterday- the below should be in your message box...

I know you said you purchased a new Rancher 350 2004 FM meter and want to refit it to your Rancher 350TE model

I have never seen a 2004 FM meter-they were an option that was not widely distibuted, as you had to purchase it with the wheeler or buy the whole kit after the fact

I would have to see the wiring harness and the colors of the wires if you wanted to try to match something up but I really don’t recommend it

I hate to see you miss-wire something and fry your ECU or similar

To be honest, I don’t even really think they would work because the two wheel electric (TE) speedometer should have the gear shift indicator on the speedometer 

and the manual speedometer (FM) only has the speed indicator

Similar to the differences between the  Foreman 450S speedometer and 450ES speedometer 

I see the rancher 350 TE speedometers from time to time on eBay for 50-150 dollars

Might be an idea to sell the new speedometer  that you have for a good price and pick up a good working used OEM one

Edited by AKATV

That's the problem can't find a meter anywhere.  There are several sites selling them but they are all a waiting list for when the part comes off of backorder status from Honda. I just need a working four wheeler. Gotta be a way to wire a neutral light and bypass the missing meter.

What exactly happened to your original meter?

post a few pictures- I might be able to repair it for you if it’s not too bad off

Also would that be said if you’re just trying to get your wheeler to start you don’t need the neutral light as long as your neutral switch is working and you are in neutral your machine should start

You might possibly run into electric shifting problems or your ECU  shutting down shifting if it’s not getting the speed signal to the ECU thru the speedometer though 

I’m not sure on TE model I’ve never had one in the shop