Bossdaddy

2002 Honda Foreman 450 ES Getting Extremely Hot

I have tracked down the issue to be a bad connection in these connectors. Does anyone know how these come apart? I’m 15 finger pricks and 3 beverages in with no luck. 

E0C37043-DB2C-44D4-B93A-1003F5BC6FEE.jpeg

A356DC3F-30C9-4337-BFB0-D216A1963DD8.jpeg

There is a pin removal tool, but so many types I’m not sure which to recommend.

each pin has a barb—it locks against the plastic—the tool is used to slide between the barb and the plastic, unlocking the barb so you can slide the pin out by slightly tugging on the wire.

If you look at the female end of the green plug and you see the small square notch that’s above each female pin hole, you can slide a small jewelers screwdriver or end of a paper clip in there until it bottoms out and gently pry towards the metal pin

Then, gently pull on the wire and it should slide out

it doesn’t take too much pressure and  once the pin slides out you’ll see the little barb that catches on the plastic and you can then pry it up so it will catch good when you put the pin back in and click into  place

It’ll make more sense once you get one out.

Once you see what you’re dealing with and how it works, then the rest are easy

Just don’t get to pulling them out so fast you forget what colors go where LOL

I always take a picture before I start disassembling

here’s a picture of a cheap China electrical connector disassembly kit -less than six bucks and I’ve used it quite a few times

it just depends on if you’re working on tubular male pins etc or what type of connectors you have

Half the time you can just get away with a paper clip or jewelers screwdriver- but in the times I did need to push out a tubular pin with very little clearance this cheap kit is well worth having on hand

5DB54506-0CF7-435E-8588-8F1D69DD53A5.png

Edited by AKATV
  • Thanks 1