Wheeler

New to me foot guards.

So I kept the foot guards off the quad I just sold so good score for me. One was broke, so I just welded it up. (I need more practice) she’s gonna hold though. I’m gonna sand down, use my HVLP paint gun & prime, then spray with black implement paint. Be a nice addition to my rig!

2776C30B-9CA0-49B5-AD05-281412077943.jpeg

AB2AE844-10BC-4150-AB00-BE3A2F4C9F67.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 5

Wheelers paint shop is open!  

the primer was 4-1 as per can. I did best I could for the mix on the implement paint, but sprayed wayy different than primer. Maybe I should have thinned it more. They look great though!!! I still have pain in the gun, so I’ll let them flash off a bit then hit em again!

image.jpg

E1BBF6B5-CEBD-4131-A013-FAD7B29C3311.jpeg

5F238523-62CE-405C-89A3-24B8F67EAA93.jpeg

23A53EDF-1976-46E1-B34C-D03C67F9E64C.jpeg

713CAE0D-315E-448D-A883-44D5E3986693.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 6

Them look real nice! One thing i never had the patience for. Painting anything. My paint jobs always look good at about 10-15 feet. Get any closer and you can see my rushed mistakes lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WOW, Implement paint sure does take a while to set up. I’m not installing the guards till next week when I’m home again, but darn… they sure aren’t like other paints. 2hrs & still tacky…

Edited by Wheeler

@jeepwm69 was it u that said u love implement paint & spray with good results from a rattle can?

Edited by Wheeler

Yep.  It’ll stay gooey for awhile.  Dries rock hard though.  Just takes awhile, especially if it isn’t hot outside 

• Like 2

i just gotta ask, and i trash all these guards, floor boards..hate them !. my question is..why do you even need these ???. i know..you are going to say they protect your feet..right ?..how so ?. unless you are riding with your dang toes facing down where they can catch the nearest stump..rock..tree..what ever ?, i don't see how they are any different than riding with the stock feet guards to begin with. other than this..the paint work looks top notch !!.

55 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i just gotta ask, and i trash all these guards, floor boards..hate them !. my question is..why do you even need these ???. i know..you are going to say they protect your feet..right ?..how so ?. unless you are riding with your dang toes facing down where they can catch the nearest stump..rock..tree..what ever ?, i don't see how they are any different than riding with the stock feet guards to begin with. other than this..the paint work looks top notch !!.

u r wrong.. I’m not going to say they protect my feet at all! I will say they r nice addition for alternate places to stand as well as may help my wife out while she is in the back as she is very short… but NO I won’t say they protect ur feet… 

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

So I let them set up for well over a week & here they are. I used stainless bolts so should t have issues with any rust. 

I LOVE them. The paint seems really solid too!

D8A52043-C86F-4B83-B108-346542363590.jpeg

12AC4713-D253-4A27-90EB-25A3A8BFC784.jpeg

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 4

Looks good.  I see the genius honda plastic brake bushing is froze up on yours like many others.

• Like 1

Thanks @jeepwm69 as I’m going to do my quad racks, bumper ect with  the implement paint. Just finished painting my skid plate on truck with it too. Thinned out more sprays wayy better!

Edited by Wheeler
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 8:44 PM, Wheeler said:

u r wrong.. I’m not going to say they protect my feet at all! I will say they r nice addition for alternate places to stand as well as may help my wife out while she is in the back as she is very short… but NO I won’t say they protect ur feet… 

pssst..atv's are made for one person !..read the safety warning label !..lol.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, shadetree said:

pssst..atv's are made for one person !..read the safety warning label !..lol.

What safety labels are you talking about.  Never seen anything like that....LOL

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jeepwm69 said:

What safety labels are you talking about.  Never seen anything like that....LOL

We were at a refreshment stop on the trails , my buddy had his daughter riding with him , she is about 13 now , she was reading the warning label on the fender and says " No drinking alcohol while operating " , she learned the saying that day , " what happens in the woods , stays in the woods " 

That place where the label goes makes a good foot rest while forging the water 

8TX1W1GmQM+DzUTq4a3clQ.jpg

• Like 2

I like the looks of Wheeler's foot guards , they be stylish !!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

We were at a refreshment stop on the trails , my buddy had his daughter riding with him , she is about 13 now , she was reading the warning label on the fender and says " No drinking alcohol while operating " , she learned the saying that day , " what happens in the woods , stays in the woods " 

That place where the label goes makes a good foot rest while forging the water 

8TX1W1GmQM+DzUTq4a3clQ.jpg

I remember my daughters reading the labels on mine.  They said "Dad, you're doing all the things that that says not to do!"

Drilled out rivets, removed labels.  They were flaring the ducks when I was hunting.......

• Like 3

man wheeler those look great! nice addiction to your Ike too, they do resemble some design of cmp stumpers......have any idea what brand ?? or anyone else have an idea  ? because i have never seen a set like those, maybe home made ? by a pipe fitter ? 

these are alittle as close as i could come, and yup if you noticed...... mounted on a tank....... i think someone here is usin a set of these.. maybe @PatrickB ? 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

@_Wilson_™ I know back in the day that Kimpex made a set similar to mine (if not the ones) but it's been forever since we have had aftermarket support, so I really have NO idea what make the ones in your pic or mine are....

• Like 1