jeepwm69

1985 TRX125 noises from engine

@basfnb brought this down this past weekend.

Has a nasty sounding noise coming from the engine, and from what I've ready about these 125's, likely the subtransmission

Any other ideas?  And yes, enjoy the video of my foot

1 hour ago, shadetree said:

cam chain.

Ya think?  I figured the kids destroyed the sub transmission gears.  A new cam chain would probably be a lot easier to replace.

Will have to look at the FSM tomorrow 

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Ya think?  I figured the kids destroyed the sub transmission gears.  A new cam chain would probably be a lot easier to replace.

Will have to look at the FSM tomorrow 

i'm not 100% postive ?, but i've worked on alot of the 125's, and the sub-tranny hardley ever bite the dust

35 minutes ago, shadetree said:

i'm not 100% postive ?, but i've worked on alot of the 125's, and the sub-tranny hardley ever bite the dust

I thought the same until FB, I guess it's common once you get away from my area.

Get the long screw driver out and try to pin point the area the clunks are coming from or maybe that was just the phone and the rattle is what I was suppose to hear.

• Like 1

No it's the clunks that are setting off alarms.  I put it in gear, drove it through the yard.  Clunks seem to happen at random times and don't seem to be specific to revving, moving etc.