Bman

Looking for a 450ES Warn or Wide open 424

Retro,

I can mail you the aluminum and wire for sure!

I have a sheet of 6061 aluminum that is 1/4" thick.  Is that too thick?  I can get thinner if needed.  What dimensions do you want me to cut the aluminum?

I have a spools of 16g and 18g wire, but it is THHN insulation and is stiffer than the pvc automotive type wire.

Can you pm me to discuss where to mail the items and discuss the details?

Hi Vintage,

We'll need a 1" thick x 1.5" wide x 2-9/16" long piece of 6061 T6(511) aluminum bar for the heatsink. It has to be 1" thick and 1.5" wide because there will be drilled and tapped holes sunk into three of the four sides of the bar. The 2-9/16" length equals the width of the enclosure box.... Here is a link to an eBay cutoff that will work (search for a cheaper price if ya wish):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363156628802

For wire we'll need 8 colors of 18 AWG stranded copper with PVC insulation. Don't try to scrimp on wire... the cheap silicone stuff is copper-coated aluminum wire which cannot be soldered reliably. Here are Remington 25' spools, 10-color kit that I buy for making gizmos (I see price inflation here):

https://www.remingtonindustries.com/hook-up-wire/hook-up-wire-18-awg-gpt-primary-wire-stranded-kit-2-color-sets-2-spool-sizes-available/

I'll PM ya my mailing address after I've gone through my parts bins to make sure that I've got everything else that we'll need. I'll open a build thread as well, once we get started. Here are pics of the gizmo that we'll be making:

its-done-0.png

its-done-1.png

its-done-2.png

its-done-3.png

• Like 1

Hi Retro,

I can order the aluminum and the wire spools, and have them sent directly to you.  

Just send me your shipping info, when your ready.  

Thanks again

On 6/28/2022 at 6:10 PM, Vintage Motors said:

Hi Retro,

I can order the aluminum and the wire spools, and have them sent directly to you.  

Just send me your shipping info, when your ready.  

Thanks again

Sent ya a PM with my mailing addy.

So here is my project so far...2001 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 ES. Some Was and Is photos. Still getting it cleaned up. Need to paint the Racks and Power was the rest of the underside. Now I am ready for the conversion....Retro Gizmo I hope!

WAS

lp_image.jpgIMG_2264.jpg

IS NOW

IMG_0943.jpgIMG_0963.jpg

• Like 1

Once all that is done then a new set of Rims and Tires... thinking of ITP Steel Wheels / Silver with 25" tires 9" wide in front and 11" in back... Like the Retro look of those rims.

Or maybe the ITP 212??? 

RIMS.jpg

other Rims.jpg

• Like 2