_Wilson_™

NASCAR car related stuff

this NASCAR season has been (obviously) effected .... but! there have been some rebroadcast of some great classic races!  next up. the 2009 Aaron's 499 Saturday at Talladega super speedway  4-18 11 am. direct tv channel 17. 

• Like 1

Gentlemen start your engine ....  May17 No Fans in the Stands !!! 

• Like 2

Never really got into watching Nascar. Been to a few races and even won a trip for me and my wife through General Motors. 4 day, 3 night all expenses paid. taken every where we had to go, got to watch a truck race and the Sunday race from GM's box stand. Somebody cooking the whole time, endless amount of beer on ice. I slept through both races pretty much lol.

• Like 2

lol!   i had a Dega party for the Talledega race a few years back..... never agin. ... my friends still bug me about having more NASCAR parties .... NEVER AGAIN!!  true NASCAR fans are certified CRAZY!! ESPECALLY Dega  fans ... 

NASCAR returns to live action! next up, dancing with the lady in black, the darlington 400. direct channel 17 @ 2:30 PM, also channel 398, 399, second showing ... channel 219 @ 9 PM 

their making a left turn, their making another left turn. from Jeff Dunham and Sweet Daddy D

• Haha 1

I take a trifecta.  7/11/14. Lucky numbers.  Can you bet on nascar in Vegas  ????? 

Heaven forbid. What’s going to happen with social distancing it there is a wreck. 

Ribeye baked potato and coors light.  Is there a coors lite  car ??   

9F109F02-66A9-4B69-907C-D590E52C2250.jpeg

• Like 1

we had talked about doing a race pot .... way back in this thread.... retro has some good thoughts, and slammed did as well... with the covid mess it was put on the back burner... but, I'd still like ideas ... even some of the winnings could go to the forums plus plus IMO 

glad to see Newman back racing, and kyle failed inspection YES!  fish i don't believe coors sponsors a car ?? but they should! 

I looked for the pic and might have deleted it out my pics , remember on Hondaatv I posted a pic of a Coors Lite   Official Nascar Fiberglass Hood , found it at the flea market , for $100 and I didn't buy it , I know who did buy it ---so I don't know if they still sponsor a car or not , but they use to  

The race has been boring !!! 

• Like 1

oh! i remeber that pic ....  I've looked ... all over, n i can't find it. the coors car that sticks out in my mind ... is bill Elliot .... fastest lap in NASCAR around 212 mph ...  actually 212.8  . 213 mph ... scorching fast thunderbird.  but there have been coors  sponsored cup cars sence his time .. i just don't pay too much attention to sponsors ... but more the drivers ... and there attitudes ... hence my dislike for Kyle ... 

i agree boring race so far...

I didn't watch the race but heard it was pretty boring.  I read a quote from someone who did and said it was so boring their DVR went to sleep.....lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Heaven forbid. What’s going to happen with social distancing it there is a wreck. 

li wouldn't think there would be too much to worry over .... being they have full face shields .... and the spotters did social distancing ... I'm just glad NASCAR racing is back live. 

• Like 1

It was very boring , I think next weekend I will watch golf , LOL 

11 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

oh! i remeber that pic ....  I've looked ... all over, n i can't find it. the coors car that sticks out in my mind ... is bill Elliot .... fastest lap in NASCAR around 212 mph ...  actually 212.8  . 213 mph ... scorching fast thunderbird.  but there have been coors  sponsored cup cars sence his time .. i just don't pay too much attention to sponsors ... but more the drivers ... and there attitudes ... hence my dislike for Kyle ... 

i agree boring race so far...

it was Wild Bill from Dawsonville. he was a great driver. he drove #9 a ford thunderbird back then

Edited by jeffo21
added content
  • Like 2

I enjoyed the pre-race hype  better than the race it's self ------  didn't care much for all the corona-19  commercials 

• Like 2

i agree... their sure not going to let us forget covid anytime soon .... it's all over the news, sheesh! if people don't know now, they NEVER will!! i would imagine most feel just like you, me ... OVERLY tired of hearing about it. 

At least harvick got his 50th win! 

• Like 2

Golf really? rather sit in the yard and watch the grass grow. Or I could fire up the smoker and cook

• Like 2

IMO .. if NASCAR keeps being this boring live pd will take it's place, you might EVEN say it already has... 

• Like 2