_Wilson_™

NASCAR car related stuff

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i didn't even think about the storms flooding out Bristol, if it was anything like we had here, it must have been one big mess. 

I'll post some pictures when I can of the flood waters.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, m_quick said:

I'll post some pictures when I can of the flood waters.

trackfri.jpgdustbowlmon.jpgtruexwins.jpgsouvenirtent.jpgcampers.jpg

• Thanks 1

campers.jpg

I took over 1k pictures with my dsrl nikon of the 2 races, have yet to go through them. When I do I'll post a few good ones. Or maybe make a youtube video and share the link.

8 minutes ago, 01RUBY500 said:

But lets advertise and put BLM all over the tracks, get woke, go broke!!  Bet there are many more old time NASCAR fans than BLM supporters, maybe that will change now.  We haven't watched in 4-5 years, lost us even before this crap.....

• Like 2

Can't wait for Bristol Dirt #2! Right now watch Monster Supercross qualifying on peacock.

• Like 1

good to see you back @m_quick i my self have not been keeping up with NASCAR, we shall see how things change in the future. I'm like Bcs I've dropped from watching for a while, the nfl nba and many other sports have been ruined to a certain extent. 

used to do concerts at the tracks....long hot days...5 am arrivals, etc.  had some cool pictures tucked away someplace that I'd take out the windshield of my trucks or van with it on the track at dawn...anyway...sold the biz about 4 years ago now and whether it's racing, or major concerts, I've just not been interested in going as a regular spectator...it was a lot of work , but cool, to be stage side, or down in the midst of it all in those days...but I'm good to be done... never got into watching it on TV.  most of the time, my world was setting stage, doing the quick music, then getting things clear out before actual race start...then I'd usually just hop on my bike and tool around the infield and marvel at all the crazy rigs that guys come up with..sofas on the roofs, etc..that was more fun than the race itself.

and yeah, I'm not shy about saying that I've stepped away from any "woke" pro sporting events. Haven't seen my ol Steelers in years...turned the NFL off when they didn't uphold their own rules and 'taking a knee" became more important than the franchise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bighanded said:

turned the NFL off when they didn't uphold their own rules and 'taking a knee" became more important than the franchise.

agreed ^^^^^ I'll never watch the nfl again, among other sports, NASCAR might also be going on the iggy, i just hope this mess never effects college football. 

as for Richard lee petty aka the king ???? I'll never have any use for him again, my biggest problem is why dale jr stopped racing, heck!! it was bad enough loosing the true KING Dale Erhardt...... 

So then you probably haven't herd about the LA Coliseum? This has got to be one of NASCAR's biggest mistakes, but idk we shall see. Also a lot of changes to the car's this year, the biggest one is probably the single lug nut like F1 cars.

• Like 1

no bud i sure haven't heard about the LA coliseum it sure does sound like a mistake!! and single lug setup like Indy cars ?? nether of  those ideas will bring die hard fans back, thank you for the update @m_quick what the heck is a single lug setup going to do for an advantage ? faster pit times ?AND I WONDER WHAT PERSON CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA ^^^^^^ i have my thoughts on who it might have been, but!!  they still have to Waite for fuel..... on certain stops.... lol. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

no bud i sure haven't heard about the LA coliseum it sure does sound like a mistake!! and single lug setup like Indy cars ?? nether of  those ideas will bring die hard fans back, thank you for the update @m_quick what the heck is a single lug setup going to do for an advantage ? faster pit times ?AND I WONDER WHAT PERSON CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA ^^^^^^ i have my thoughts on who it might have been, but!!  they still have to Waite for fuel..... on certain stops.... lol. 

Well the race is this Sunday! Not sure who came up the ideas on this 7th generation car. And yeah they've all ready talked about fuel time. Seen some stupid video yesterday, about tire changers all leaving pit wall, going around front of car, then all going back around the front to the other side. You know how usually the front guys go around the front and rear guys go around the rear. Not sure if anyone will do this, but i guess it will be aloud. If they do I'd assume they guy that changes the front right, would then go to the left rear? either way the air hose's will be a issue, unless there aloud to use cordless? Video had air hoses.    

• Like 1

yeah.... i see there being a problem with that setup, may send you a PM later because I'm not sure on what year it was they went with new air guns, and a new type socket, and now ?? (a few years back??))  ((( they have that one lug setup up??))) they had that setup working good, well heck why not just  toss a wrench, and money  into a fine tuned machine ???....... i used to be happy watching the races but over the years they have ruled and regulated the sport almost to death!!!, ruined it for a bunch of fans, and that BS about the garage door rope ??? I'm not EVEN going to waist my time bring that back up!! 

• Like 1

The lady at Dayton who works the ticket window since 1959 is 101 years old and still works the window , she was on TV this morning , says she loves her job -----   God Bless her !!! 

• Like 1

i may watch then1st part, if I'm home, I'm still very disappointed in what NASCAR did over the last few years...... the sport never will be the same. 

Wow , you'll seen that wreck yesterday , the engine was knocked out the frame  and the rear end was  disconnected from the car 

awesome about the ticket lady, I didn't see that story. I did see the wreck.

Edited by m_quick
  • Like 1

• Aw Hes going to cry. And whine and cheese on multi media, till he gets his way.........i wonder if he now thnks playing along with fake hangmans noose aka the garage pull rope lle was such a good idea..... Haha!!
  • Like 1

Haha!!!! YES! I love it!! .....hm...... He might have some payback coming from other drivers when he comes off of suspension .... I hope this will be the start of the END of his carear. 

1 hour ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Haha!!!! YES! I love it!! .....hm...... He might have some payback coming from other drivers when he comes off of suspension .... I hope this will be the start of the END of his carear. 

It is one race suspension , Homestead >>> charge him with attempted murder 

• Like 1