_Wilson_™

NASCAR car related stuff

Sometimes I'm seeing pics, posts, and videos by NASCAR drivers/crew or other people that are part of the sport, here's a dedicated thread just for throwing out random NASCAR related facts and opinions,  for us fans and tailgaters (old and new) enjoy the thread.

image.jpg

1 month away for the big one at Daytona! But the Bud Clash is 2/9/2020 followed by the duels on the 13th....

• Like 1

Yep! One of my favorite races! I'm SO looking forward to the upcoming season! 

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 2

Gentlemen , start your engines !!!!!!! Isn't Dayton this weekend , where's all the chat'ter !!!! 

Daytona is next weekend bro! Sunday Feb. 16th. Not a nascar fan but have friends that are and we all get togeather and pick our drivers for a 200 dollar winner take all pot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

A race pot.... That's an idea..... That might be helpful here in the forums .... 

Yeah we do one every year. We also do one for the chili bowl. Were more dirt track racer fans up here. But when i can spend 20 bucks. Drink 40 bucks in beer and maybe make 200 if my luck doesnt suck. Im in! LoL

• Like 2

7 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

A race pot.... That's an idea..... That might be helpful here in the forums .... 

I've got a full-featured Fantasy League app that I wrote many yours ago (named Jimmy after I saw him whining on TV), fully automated. It would probably work fine after updating the Nascar.com race results page link in the fetching code. We used it for about 3 or 4 years I think, back in the early-mid 2000s, paying out to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners (based on points) each week, plus sponsored a double payout bonus winner on special occasions. Jimmy is intended for entertainment purposes only, of course. 🤑

Jimmy

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 7:51 PM, Fishfiles said:

So this week is the Bud Crash , I mean Clash , Sunday 2/9/20 ??? 

yes on FS1 at 3pm my time.

• Like 1

I just watched the clash..... And ..i'd say Kyle is up to same ol antics ...... Racing and NOT thinking....what an idiot! .... Still trying to copy the master Dale.... IT Can't be done! 

image.jpg

• Like 1

Well the Duels were a lot better racing last night. Truck race is starting @7:30 should be exciting!

But what about the 2020 Cup series Rookie class? It's going to be saying something to be rookie of the year this year.

Christopher Bell

Cole Custer

John Hunter Nemechek

Brennan Poole

Tyler Reddick

Quin Hoff

All I can say is Wow, and wheres the list of retired drivers?

Edited by m_quick
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Here we go..... 2020 Daytona,  Time to drop the hammer !!!! 

Nope time for rain!  Florida fail!

AGREED!! it bites!! I was all pumped for the race.... I'm showing the rest shows on fox 1, on direct tv ch 219 at 10 PM to 1 AM .... Anyone got any better information ?? 

Im seeing the delay is gunna be 1 and a half hours. We got an update a few minutes ago that they were finishing drying the track. We should be back racing soon i hope.

• Like 1

Yep. Here are my drivers. I feel bad because they dont know it but my luck is almost 100% gunna blow there engines on the last lap or something lol

Those who dont know my name is Brent lol

20200216_182128.jpg

• Like 1