_Wilson_™

NASCAR car related stuff

So much to do in such a short time.... I still haven't seen the race of last Sunday ..... (More comments coming about the on going single nut wheel issue) plan to watch it today being it's been a steady rain just about all night... I've e been hearing bits .... About that track being somewhat re designed.. To be more like a super speedway... Hm..... We still have yet to rattle @m_quick .... Where you Shade buddy ?! I know i said i was done with this sport, but i just can't up and walk away.... It's just too much of a adrenaline rush for me... I think we might see a fav come back to the sport.... Least i hope so.... Got all planned up for this weekend IF ? the weather cooperates .... Times gettin close to firing up the grill picked two over an inch thick rib eye steaks ... All the fixens for a massive kang kong bundy salad... A couple large taters... Got a few items to grill also corn on the cob still in the husk... Shrimp...Avocados for the salad.. Grilling the taters wrapped in foil... No telling what else ill think of and this won't EVEN touch what I'm planning for Talledega ... That is IF ? I don't attend.... Might even head from there to Florida ... I've had so many close calls ... I'm living each day as it might be my last... Well... Not really maybe a just in case deal.. The end of march.. Starts the long waiting period IF ? I still want this deal... Nothing to do but keep this train on the tracks till then .... But boogity is the word for today..... Lol GET AFTER IT BOYS IT'S HUMP DAY!  

i seen the race , do you want a spoiler  ?? I found it had an interesting ending  LOL 

Sure hit me! Didnt Joey win it ? Sigh....... N nope i haven't had time to watch it yet, but yeah I'm good with spoilers..... I'll go and ahead and guess a loose tire issue ? .... Lol! That one thing i think ? Has happened in each race so far this season .... And I'm just going to keep paging @m_quick not only is he joining in here.. But he's also one us older members like ol blue gloves aka Camanningjr .... Lol! Next time I'm in Cullman... I'll see if i can't locate him... If i recall he's a tech of some sort in the medical field ?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Sure hit me! Didnt Joey win it ? Sigh....... N nope i haven't had time to watch it yet, but yeah I'm good with spoilers..... I'll go and ahead and guess a loose tire issue ? .... Lol! That one thing i think ? Has happened in each race so far this season .... And I'm just going to keep paging @m_quick not only is he joining in here.. But he's also one us older members like ol blue gloves aka Camanningjr .... Lol! Next time I'm in Cullman... I'll see if i can't locate him... If i recall he's a tech of some sort in the medical field ?!

let's see if I can get it right , Langano led for like 167 laps , he had the led on the final stage with  around 10 laps to go , but lost it on a caution or something , he was like 2nd and then on the final lap with like a 1/2 lap to go , he made a move , looked like he hit the nitrous , LOL , he really looked like the guy behind him hit him up and he  took the lead and won 

• Thanks 1

Bump drafted him ? I'm going to put it on in just few..... From your description sounds like it's going to a great white knuckle, that is from his point... Wow lead over 100 n 1/2  laps ? Impressive! I like Joey and brad.... They say Joey is completlty deferent behind the wheel.... Lol, i know brad is..... Lol! I count believe how far be gotten involed... He's even a part owner... RFK (Roush Fenway Keselowski Racing).

Did they choke down the  speed in nascar , I seen in the video above ^^^^  the cars were running 211+ mph 

Here are te speeds up to 2017 

Daytona pole winners and speeds by year:

Year: Pole winner, Speed

1959: Bob Welborn, 140.121 mph

1960: Cotton Owens, 149.892

1961: Fireball Roberts, 155.709

1962: Fireball Roberts, 156.999

1963: Fireball Roberts, 160.943

1964: Paul Goldsmith, 174.910

1965: Darel Dieringer, 171.151

1966: Richard Petty, 175.163

1967: Curtis Turner, 180.831

1968: Cale Yarborough, 189.222

1969: Buddy Baker, 188.901

1970: Cale Yarborough, 194.015

1971: A.J. Foyt, 182.744

1972: Bobby Isaac, 186.632

1973: Buddy Baker, 185.662

1974: David Pearson, 185.817

1975: Donnie Allison, 185.827

1976: Ramo Stott, 183.456

1977: Donnie Allison, 188.048

1978: Cale Yarborough, 187.536

1979: Buddy Baker, 196.049

1980: Buddy Baker, 194.009

29906170001_5317857720001_5317853449001-

1981: Bobby Allison, 194.624

1982: Benny Parsons, 196.317

1983: Ricky Rudd, 198.864

1984: Cale Yarborough, 201.848

1985: Bill Elliott, 205.114

1986: Bill Elliott, 205.039

1987: Bill Elliott, 210.364

1988: Ken Schrader, 193.823

1989: Ken Schrader, 196.996

1990: Ken Schrader, 196.515

1991: Davey Allison, 195.955

1992: Sterling Marlin, 192.213

1993: Kyle Petty, 189.426

1994: Loy Allen Jr., 190.158

1995: Dale Jarrett, 193.498

1996: Dale Earnhardt, 189.510

1997: Mike Skinner, 189.813

1998: Bobby Labonte, 192.415

1999: Jeff Gordon, 195.067

2000: Dale Jarrett, 191.091

2001: Bill Elliott, 183.565

2002: Jimmie Johnson, 185.831

2003: Jeff Green, 186.606

2004: Greg Biffle, 188.387

2005: Dale Jarrett, 188.312

2006: Jeff Burton, 189.151

2007: David Gilliland, 186.320

2008: Jimmie Johnson, 187.075

2009: Martin Truex Jr., 188.001

2010: Mark Martin, 191.188

2011: Dale Earnhardt Jr., 186.089

2012: Carl Edwards, 194.738

2013: Danica Patrick, 196.434

2014: Austin Dillon, 196.019

2015: Jeff Gordon, 201.293

2016: Chase Elliott, 196.314

2017: Chase Elliott, 192.872

• Like 1

Yeah the 

poster child for mad magazine ..... Elliot came from two laps down in his family built NASCAR approved thunderbird to win the 85 Winston 500... I didn't like him then n i still don't .. Petty ether... Not after he backed / that idiot cry baby Hubba bubba... People can clame he was the king... But the true king was Mr Earnhardt..And thats a fact... He raced to the point at times they had to pick him up out of the car... That's dedication to the sport, which very few had... 

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Did they choke down the  speed in nascar , I seen in the video above ^^^^  the cars were running 211+ mph 

Yes restricter plates... Among other changes... It should be run what you brung... That would a did change the sport because what reason would there be to really invest in building those csrs baisically the same... Hence bump drafting took over giving the edge n not how much better one car was compared to another... You don't see that mess in certain other sports like tractor truck pulling.. There  might be a close deal like the most popular Diesel engine used for many years was the over build dt466 international core.. They do how ever regulate the defrent weight classes, but not anything like NASCAR did...

• Like 1

We'll finally got to see it.... And the track change worked, and worked great.. If it's not considered a super speedway, it's sure very close! (Watching it now)  

Hm....... Very interesting race.... I thourghly enjoy the 1st few laps ........ Babba is  just so awesome he couldnt stick to the track ..... Lol! Very interesting BIG one ..... It was more wind off the back car that spun harvick... But if he did get touched it was very light but Shade those speeds it's hard to tell... And driving in the grass ... Yeah I'd say it amped up some... Near car crash in the if you didnt see it a couple right side tires changers almost got mixed in one pit stop close call... But yeah big defrence before the track design  and after.... 

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Hm....... Very interesting race.... I thourghly enjoy the 1st few laps ........ Babba is  just so awesome he couldnt stick to the track ..... Lol! Very interesting BIG one ..... It was more wind off the back car that spun harvick... But if he did get touched it was very light but Shade those speeds it's hard to tell... And driving in the grass ... Yeah I'd say it amped up some... Near car crash in the if you didnt see it a couple right side tires changers almost got mixed in one pit stop close call... But yeah big defrence before the track design  and after.... 

bubba crash around lap 10. I thought he was going to be out the race.  But he came back. ———-  I don’t think he touch him.  Looked like the wind disrupted him.    ——- Lugano had a bit more at the end. And it looked like he got a bump up. Was that his team mate that bumped him 

I think it was Ryan Blaney, I couldnt belive how many laps joey ended up leading with....  You didn't see what bubba did ? He reached an knocked the trans out of gear to keep from damaging the car..(during the slide) .. Purdy good choice... But i don't know how he thought of doing that ... Lol 

Yeah in the interveiw ... Harvick stated if he did get bumped he didnt notice said it was more the air disturbance that pushed the back of his car ...from what i saw I'll agree, but wow, you couldn't have slid a sheet of paper between them... Lol 

20 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

I think it was Ryan Blaney, I couldnt belive how many laps joey ended up leading with....  You didn't see what bubba did ? He reached an knocked the trans out of gear to keep from damaging the car..(during the slide) .. Purdy good choice... But i don't know how he thought of doing that ... Lol 

I heard the commentator talking about Bubba knocking it out of gear , how does it save the car , maybe the transmission 

• Like 1

Yeah something to that sorts... I have always thought about that... Seeing those rears slowly stop as a car rotates in a skid further round it goes then you see the rears stop (most times ending in flat) then start spinning backwards .... I can't say I've heard much talk of knocking the trans out of gear.. Cause most times you see it or here them commenting on seeing the drivers try and re fire the engine... So in all that action I'm Purdy sure some dont take them out of gear...it's n amiasing those engines hold up under that high rpm for so long then with added abuse from skids over heating ect ect....i remember back in the day those engines didnt hold up well.....unde the conditions they're were under... I gotta lot of respect for those engine builders .... Cause there basically on the razors edge..i think there was something said about the horse being in the 900 horse range... It just amaised me that much horse power for that long plus the rpm...they got the game down on that part.. Just if NASCAR would easy ..... Up on all those rules and regs... I payed c,ose attention to the drive seat... I understand why dale did his seat belts like he did... Just a sad deal on that one... I still recall someone running up to the car.. Might have been B Allison ? And from his reaction after he looked to check on dale his arms went to waving like mad for rescuers to get there...we then new something really bad had happened..... And we lost Dale...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Yeah something to that sorts... I have always thought about that... Seeing those rears slowly stop as a car rotates in a skid further round it goes then you see the rears stop (most times ending in flat) then start spinning backwards .... I can't say I've heard much talk of knocking the trans out of gear.. Cause most times you see it or here them commenting on seeing the drivers try and re fire the engine... So in all that action I'm Purdy sure some dont take them out of gear...it's n amiasing those engines hold up under that high rpm for so long then with added abuse from skids over heating ect ect....i remember back in the day those engines didnt hold up well.....unde the conditions they're were under... I gotta lot of respect for those engine builders .... Cause there basically on the razors edge..i think there was something said about the horse being in the 900 horse range... It just amaised me that much horse power for that long plus the rpm...they got the game down on that part.. Just if NASCAR would easy ..... Up on all those rules and regs... I payed c,ose attention to the drive seat... I understand why dale did his seat belts like he did... Just a sad deal on that one... I still recall someone running up to the car.. Might have been B Allison ? And from his reaction after he looked to check on dale his arms went to waving like mad for rescuers to get there...we then new something really bad had happened..... And we lost Dale...

I don't know the story of Dale's death 

There was so much said about the angle his car contacted the wall... And from the looks it wasn't very bad at all But he told them  he raced  the way he wanted (loose belts) and didnt want anything to do with the new Hans system...., so combine with loose belts and no Hans .... When he crashed he died of a basal skull fracture ....they had claimed his seat safty belts had snapped on impact.. Not true.. A paramedic stepped forward said they had been cut to exstract him from the car... In all rights that crash was very survivable.... >>>They Finally said... Even the designer of the safety harness for most of The drivers had said he tried several times to get dale to tighten his belts and! Use the new Hans devise, but dale wouldn't listen .....sterling had neurosis death threats .... It's strange enough... But sterling and coco marlin lived right here.... I never met him or sterling.... I didn't really like sterling anyways but not because he was involed in that crash...i new people who new n liked him .... But i was / will always be a die hard Earnhardt fan..... Just hope dale jr gets back to it, but i think he also had a close call dirt track racing ? I could be very mistaken .... I do know he had (what they said) dizzy spells... I recon  it frightened him enough to give up the sport

From what I have heard Dale Jr. had numerous concussions and was told another bad one could be very bad news.  So doubtful he's gonna return to racing if thats true......

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, bcsman said:

From what I have heard Dale Jr. had numerous concussions and was told another bad one could be very bad news.  So doubtful he's gonna return to racing if thats true......

Dale has raced and will race more, just not full time. From what I've herd he will be at Bristol Xfinity race. .

• Like 2

Thanks fellahs, @m_quick good to see ya back bro man.... Wasn't the Bristol races you attended a few times ? Are you going this season ? Hey quick... What's you think about bubba ? Lol it's kinda playing out like we thought... Big mushroom cloud with little to no positive results... Hahahaha! Guess that's karma (don't believe in luck) coming back to bite him bring you do wrong someone's one always watching.... I don't see anything wrong with deferent ethnic groups being / getting into the enjoyment of the sport, just do it on the up and up.... I hated all that mess at the start line, but as time has went on... You gotta laugh... I mean how freaking ridiculous the whole thing was... I was looking back... Really ?! 4 way lug wrench as a cross .... Lol! And last one by fish ?! Too funny!!! Hey fish you remember what homie D clown had in that Masson jar .... On in living color (the tv show) a pickle my !! Lol!  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Thanks fellahs, @m_quick good to see ya back bro man.... Wasn't the Bristol races you attended a few times ? Are you going this season ? Hey quick... What's you think about bubba ? Lol it's kinda playing out like we thought... Big mushroom cloud with little to no positive results... Hahahaha! Guess that's karma (don't believe in luck) coming back to bite him bring you do wrong someone's one always watching.... I don't see anything wrong with deferent ethnic groups being / getting into the enjoyment of the sport, just do it on the up and up.... I hated all that mess at the start line, but as time has went on... You gotta laugh... I mean how freaking ridiculous the whole thing was... I was looking back... Really ?! 4 way lug wrench as a cross .... Lol! And last one by fish ?! Too funny!!! Hey fish you remember what homie D clown had in that Masson jar .... On in living color (the tv show) a pickle my !! Lol!  

I remember Homie the Clown.  Funny stuff. Don’t remember the jar.   I do remember what Homie use to always say.  “Homie don’t play that …..! “  lol 

• Haha 1