_Wilson_™

NASCAR car related stuff

I don't why i didn't see this before... Or this might be new.....anyways... You can see some of the classic races on fox sports 1 direct channel 219 ..... Tonight nascars greatest races the 2005 Daytona..... I don t have any use for NASCAR this  day in time, but those classic races are like old Hondas .... They just get better with age... 

Well....... It's the start of all starts! ...... I've said over and over again (done with NASCAR) but..... This is Daytona .... And like Talladega.... The two BIG high speed, high power, screaming rpms, white knuckle, hugging that yellow line, avoiding the BIG one races. ..... I can't miss..... I haven't really been paying attention to the schedule... But got my 1st hint in chat... While (usally) parked n on the phone, watching OPL ..... And there was a dispatch on OPL .. For a van parked on private property.... I'll get to the funny part... So the cops pull up talk to the guy.. Mean time in the back ground you could hear engines... Qualifying (i recon) i could only hear (seemed like) one ata time.... Well... I was spit reading chat, and watching OPL talking on the phone.... Told my friend who was also watching OPL .... I don't know why they asked that guy to go, because that lot (not that far from the race way) will packed tighter then a can of sardines...if you don't like NASCAR least respect the people who still have that debilitating addiction.. Haha! 

13 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Well....... It's the start of all starts! ...... I've said over and over again (done with NASCAR) but..... This is Daytona .... And like Talladega.... The two BIG high speed, high power, screaming rpms, white knuckle, hugging that yellow line, avoiding the BIG one races. ..... I can't miss..... I haven't really been paying attention to the schedule... But got my 1st hint in chat... While (usally) parked n on the phone, watching OPL ..... And there was a dispatch on OPL .. For a van parked on private property.... I'll get to the funny part... So the cops pull up talk to the guy.. Mean time in the back ground you could hear engines... Qualifying (i recon) i could only hear (seemed like) one ata time.... Well... I was spit reading chat, and watching OPL talking on the phone.... Told my friend who was also watching OPL .... I don't know why they asked that guy to go, because that lot (not that far from the race way) will packed tighter then a can of sardines...if you don't like NASCAR least respect the people who still have that debilitating addiction.. Haha! 

Com'on'man , shame the devil and come clean ,  I bet you got a Bubba Wallace sticker  on your wall and number 23 tattoo with Bubba on your butt , LOL 

i might have to watch  some of dat dare Daytona , I love me some wreckage as long as no one gets hurt 

• Haha 1

i might have to watch  some of dat dare Daytona , I love me some wreckage as long as no one gets hurt

you know you can't not watch it..... Lol! 🏁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Did anyone catch the mistake during the 1st pit stop ? Plain as day n night, n NASCAR officials missed it. 

not really   --  I did see one driver got a penalty on the first pit  and had to do a drive by on the pit lane  

I'm looking at it right now, it's Jimmy's crew..... And that right front tire changer..... Didnt have control of that tire.... It CLEARLY roled into the pit box right in front of Jimmy's ...but! I told you wrong, it was a pit crew member who grabbed it, but that was after the fact..... And officials never caught it.... What's stranger.... Is, it's out there on tv for all to see, yet there was no penalty...... And yes Sir! Joey was robbed! ...... That's exactly why they need to stop nit picking every detail.... They called the wrong winner, brad and Joey were powerful.......they could have teamed up... And took that race easily..... Brad was super aggressive, and Joey ... Started up high and stayed for a while........ I got nothing for Hubba bubba, just glad... Someone knocked him into the wall, i don't see him lasting much longer... He was up... Just looked like he had a yellow streak down his back cause he sure didnt act like he was even racing.... N Travis .... Well they nailed him for passing through too many pits on his way back out..... I'd like to have seen him take it, he's dam sure got the skills.... More skill then a number of the regs... More to come ..... 

• Like 1

Well, well, well,.......i made a Big mistake! .. I'm so used to associating the 48 car with Jimmie Johnson .... I didn't catch this... It WAS NOT...... Johnson's pit crew... That lost control of that RF tire... It was Alex Bowmans pit crew... I apologize for the over site... 

0 Hendrick Motorsports announced Friday that Alex Bowman has signed a two-year contract to drive the No. 48 Ally Chevrolet through the 2023 NASCAR Cup Series season. Bowman’s contract aligns with Ally’s own contrac...Alex Bowman to drive…nascar.nbcsports.com

Alex Bowman

48 |  |

NASCAR.com

Edited by _Wilson_™

Hm....... Odd........ I could kinda see something like this at Talledega ...... No disrespect intended..... The can get plumb crazy down there... Lol!

Well stenhouse bailed on Joey, and  austin dillon got turned....THAT'S WHEN THE FIELD SHOULD HAVE BEEN FROZEN, so stenhouse won according to NASCAR, but yes! I still say Joey was robbed...n i wrong in thinking so, but joeys good guy (straight shooter) so yeah i thought he should have won.. <<< if stenhouse stayed behind Joey he would have ended up winning, clearly stenhouse took the air push off of Joey .... N Joey dropped (didn't have a choice) n stenhouse was shot out like a bullet and we he got by Kyle, .......stenhouse was long gone...........didnt i say Travis had his eye on the top ten.... He almost got there.... I knew he stayed back for a reason, smart play..looking at the long term picture.... 

Well back in this thread comments were made about that newer single wheel bolt verses the old five.... So far this season both races have been effected by that faulty choice... I said they would have more problems with the single nut then with the five pattern... And it's been happening not only was that a big mistake but it's also effecting NASCAR all the way, being now! more attention is being payed to the pit are looking for mistakes... That's not at all what racing is about... It's about racing not about mistakes in the pits! I believe two pit members were takn out off (given time off) because of that bad wheel bolt on deal. Enough with the rules and regelations! End being even tho .... All that it was a good race! @m_quick got any plans for attending this season ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

Well back in this thread comments were made about that newer single wheel bolt verses the old five.... So far this season both races have been effected by that faulty choice... I said they would have more problems with the single nut then with the five pattern... And it's been happening not only was that a big mistake but it's also effecting NASCAR all the way, being now! more attention is being payed to the pit are looking for mistakes... That's not at all what racing is about... It's about racing not about mistakes in the pits! I believe two pit members were takn out off (given time off) because of that bad wheel bolt on deal. Enough with the rules and regelations! End being even tho .... All that it was a good race! @m_quick got any plans for attending this season ? 

I missed a lot of post yesterday , including this one  , had the race on TV with music playing , the youngster won the ran , 18 years old ,  a senior in high school during the week , wow ---- I really don't like the cautions and stages , let them race , sweep the debris off the track and get back to it , I wouldn't let them pit during a caution , and caution laps don't count as a lap 

• Like 1

I just wander what will happen today... See! It's already turnig my thoughts more into... Trying to keep up with what mistakes will be made during times not under green flag conditions ... No matter what people say (just ignore that mess) well that's easyer said then done because NASCAR keeps bringing up those mistakes... Well, at times seems like they (nascar) would rather the focus on mistakes rather then just letting people enjoy the race, back when we were pulling 7 days a week.... You listened via a tractor cab equipt radio... It's rough on tv, but even worse on the am/fm dial... Because they give you so many more things to mull over... And that takes away..note did hear about Elliot's snow boarding accident .... Best wishes.... For a speedy recovery. 

anyways I'm not a downer... Just pointing out why the sport isn't like it used to be... But that said... None of them are ... Got no use for the nfl or nba.... For me football college is the sport to get into... My though is those players? there working for it... Players in the nfl ? Knee takers! So got no time for those steroid dosed idiots. 

The united rentals work united 500 at the Phoenix raceway......race airs on direct channel 17 @ 2:30 CDT. 

This is the bar i was talking about further up in this thread (Earnhardt bar) there's also a Newman bar, and i believe one or a couple more safty features added over the years.... Most all those clips I've witnessed, but up next ? Michael Waltrips crash at Bristol .... I don't believe in luck.... But this crash ? I couldn't even guess what the odds / chances were maybe 1 chance in a 100.000 that he escaped completely unharmed .... My pop said one day that spot would make NASCAR news... And he was right, him .... And some friends of Sterling Marlin Rick Webster, and a few others used to race the migits (pic) these were motor cycle powered cars... Not known for being very fast... But fast enough for the size... My pop n uncle plus a few other big money people almost convenced NASCAR and accociated company's, sports venders, Winston cup... To build a very large race track in Lewis county Tennessee back many many years ago.... I'm not sure why that never saw the light of day... But it almost came abouts... I would have thoroughly enjoyed shaking hands with the legends minus R Petty.... For backing hubba bubba walace....i think now that old man pulled his head out of his !.... But I'll never respect him agian for backing that crooked ! deal... So screw him Hubba bubba and who ever else was involed.... I don't have any problem with the sport being for all kinds minus tinker bells... It's the way the door was ripped open... 

image.jpg

$400k is the largest combined fine to one organization in NASCAR history after Hendrick's louvers were confiscated in Phoenix.

image.png