_Wilson_™

NASCAR car related stuff

had my son and his gang over last Sunday...he and I were sitting ont he back deck as the grill was doing it's job...he mentioned that even 2 years into this retirement, that it sitll felt wierd to not be in production mode on Memorial weekend.  It used to be what we called the "near death experience"  we would have already 2 weeks ago been prepping everything for Charlotte.

sub rental equipment , trucks, crew rolling in from Charleston, Atlanta, Richmond to help us cover  a 4 day weekend that was too much work for any 3 backline shops.

We'd have multiple stages out at the track of course...infield concert stage, sometimes a big stage across the road in the vendor lot, and the big show down on the track...then Charlotte itself has something called "speed street'...basically 3 main stages thurs-Sat night...multiple acts from mid day through to headliners each night..tons of gear and work for us..and then down the road there is a big roller coaster park called Carowinds..they have a paladium where we always did the big gospel fest..5 main label acts..tons and tons of gear that saturday. I'm talking at least 3 drum kits, bass rigs, guiitar rigs, 20 or more keyboards, hammond organgs, etc...and then there'd be other small events in the area and some smaller towns wanting gear for their stage...the stress was ridiculous..and we'd be lucky to get 3 hours nap each night  with packups, reloads, crossloading trucks as gear changed each stage each day...it was insane.. I'd have crew in from various shops spending the night in my 3 guest rooms and still have to put some up in hotels...so, this memorial weekend, this ol boy is going to enjoy his own backyard..sitting on my deck overlooking the pond, catching some bass, riding my hondas in my woods, watching my grandkids on the swingset, swimming with them...heck I'm not even considering tossing my boat down at the lake..it'll be crazy on the lake...I just want to obey my own "stay at home" order....grin....

might dial in a bit of the 600 just to see familiar grounds and remember those 5am stage calls down on the track, looking out across the steering wheel of one of my trucks or vans and wondering how it might handle the bank on turn 1 (grin)

next up the coca-cola 600 @ Charlotte motor speedway ... 5 PM channel 17, fox channel 398. 

i hope this one is sure better then the last cup race. 

Man , I missed the race , totally forgot about it , had the music videos playing on the TV 

• Haha 1

you, listening to music ? that's a not a surprise .... lol! ... next showing is next showing is this morning  @ 9 am channel 618 ... Elliot pulled a super dumb pit choice at the end ... i thought is was a Purdy good race ...

• Like 1

nascars race today ... the folds of honor quiktrip 500  in Georgia  .... direct channel 17 @ 2:00 PM , also fox channel 398. 

• Like 1

I just found your post and turned the race channel on and it is solid storm coverage 

15 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

your talking about you sat signal outage ?? 

No , because of the storm they canceled all scheduled programming and it is solid coverage of the storm 

ah!  i gotcha! the only other showing i see, is  on channel 618 on Monday @ 6 PM .....  should be all set to watch on that new outside setup! no spoilers from this end ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, _Wilson_™ said:

ah!  i gotcha! the only other showing i see, is  on channel 618 on Monday @ 6 PM .....  should be all set to watch on that new outside setup! no spoilers from this end 😉

I hope to have it wired up for next weekend , lots of wires , LOL 

• Like 1

I could just hook the tv up with a couple of cables and power cords and get tv  going , then  I still have to hook up  a receiver , 8 speakers , speaker control box , FM antenna ,   Sirius radio home port , Sirius antenna on the roof ,  aux for MP3 and I-pad , power antenna for satellite outages , ROKU , Apple TV , CD player , it is a box full of wires and gizmos 

• Haha 1

The hurricane coverage went off and they resumed broadcasting the race with 2 laps to go , seen Harvic won by 4 seconds , his 52 or 53 wins , 12th all time in wins 

• Like 1

good to know he won ...it was up in the mid 90 yesterday .... around 2 clouds rolled in, and the temp dropped so i  broke out the weedeater .... and recorded the race.. 

hm...... bubba Wallace ... should be drop kicked out of NASCAR !! the pre show was a joke! and hubba bubba, didn't mention George HAD DRUGS  ON HIM, ALONG WITH BEING DOPED UP, AND RESISTED ..  who's the rasist in this country now ?? i sure have a new disrespect for NASCAR now!! 

I'm shocked he didn't take a knee along with those loosers in the NFL

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1

Nascar's Twitter page is exploding right now after saying no more Confederate flags

• Like 1

I usually dont post much on these threads but when NASCAR banned confederate flags because of Bubba Wallace I'm done.  I haven't watched much these last few years because of stupid rulings and changes but this one takes the cake.  I'm from the north all my life but the whole confederate banning statutes and now this is total garbage!!  It's part of the south's heritage, good bye NASCAR hope you lose even more of your loyal viewers.....

Plus his car will have BLM crap all over it, nope not gonna give it the time of day....

• Like 3

.. blm ... i wander who his sponsor will be haha... probably opra, or al sharpton... .. but, one extremely bad rotten egg ... won't turn me away from watching... but  i bet he will see more drivers putting him into the wall... at least i hope so...like i said ... expect the consequences of your actions ... they wish to point fingers and name descent whiite, and black people as the bad ... maybe the truth is they just have thin skin... and would rather whine, cry, and sling snot ... then act like they should.... he's just another example of a spoiled rich kid IMO ... notice how the old school drivers ... never backed him ... hm....things un said sure have a message ... and what was up with him passing out 3 times after the race ?? ... along with passing out in the past ?? 

I've sawed loaded wood in 90 plus weather for over 10 hours straight... and he couldn't hang for a simple NASCAR race ?? and i bet jeep has delt with his share .... of long hours in a hot grain Ben .... IMO Hubba bubba Wallace is a joke ....i just hope petty will fire him, because it's an insult  to see him in old number 43

• Like 1

next up .... the Dixie vodka 400 @ homestead-Miami speedway ...6/14  @ . 2:30 PM ..., ill be looking for Hubba bubba Wallace to be slammed into the wall!! or his pit crew dropping the ball on purpose!! ... especially after he disrespected NASCAR, drivers, sponsers, and mostly the fans ..hopefully he will be FIRED soon!!!! 

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 6:58 PM, _Wilson_™ said:

and i bet jeep has delt with his share .... of long hours in a hot grain Ben ....

I said something to the wife a couple of days ago about this being the time of year we were running 100 hour weeks with wheat coming in.  She said "You sound like you miss it.  You want to be working 100 hours a week again?"

No, but I do miss working outside.  Being chained to a desk in an office has made me soft and bored. 

I still remember my boss coming out and saying "Alright, alright, park that Bobcat out here, and let it cool off.  Don't want to burn it up since it's a rental"  Forget the guy sitting on the engine driving it.  Let's worry about the piece of equipment!  LOL

• Like 1

oh yeah..... ive had the whip cracked on me many times .... gotta love fathers ...lol! i didn't mind sweeping the bens so much because when he left i always turned on the blowers .... the dust was the issue .....i don't how many of those industrial chemical breathing mask i had i still have my favorite one ....the worst was hanging tobacco ..... you recall Raymond ... my black friend ?? ...my 1st time hanging  he tricked me Into doing the top rail ..... "said" you won't handle many sticks up there ... he never said one blessed word about the heat or rails not being nailed down ..... but we made good money ... i recall one year a 3 acre field made over five thousand $$ back in those days we raised a total (adverage) 30 plus acres  a year.... then the USDA screwed the hooch ... 

Edit: @bcsman this is mask i was talking about .... my bad on forgetting to post it. 

image.jpg

Edited by _Wilson_™
  • Like 1