Logan410

400 ex Throttle won’t engage at all

18 minutes ago, Logan410 said:

Send me the link to the actual jets and ill

buy those instead

I get mine at jetsRus.com you just buy individual jets though. Thats the downside. Those cheap ones come in kits with a bunch. Also oem ones are about what you paid for that whole kit each.

Ordered them both. Thanks so much. Man I’m telling you this four wheeler was slow before and with the new carb it wants to lift off the ground now in 1st and 2nd. Way way faster 

10 minutes ago, Logan410 said:

Ordered them both. Thanks so much. Man I’m telling you this four wheeler was slow before and with the new carb it wants to lift off the ground now in 1st and 2nd. Way way faster 

Heck yeah man! Im glad i could help you get this thing ripping again! That old carb was holding it back alot. It wasnt even a sport quad carb lol. You think its fast now. Just wait till when you get it tuned properly!

Hey good morning, I got both pieces in but I went back and read our old messages and you were saying I should do 155 for the main if I left the lid off. I ordered a 150 and 40, will that still work?

8C0E23A3-9524-4239-8FCB-17ED62BBB39E.jpeg

Yeah should get you closer for sure. The big one is the 40 pilot. The popping is more than likely from when its switching from main to pilot cercuit. The 40 should also make it start easier in the cold. So thats a big plus. The 38 pilot is lean right out of the factory. And removing the lid made it leaner.

Awesome. I just ordered the 155 also. I’ll take pictures later so you can help me with everything. Thank you so much 

Just now, Logan410 said:

Awesome. I just ordered the 155 also. I’ll take pictures later so you can help me with everything. Thank you so much 

No problem bud! I may be alittle slower than normal. Got the family at the cincinnati zoo and newport aquarium this weekend.

Ok remove these 4 screws. You will want to do this process as fast as possible. Once the rubber bowl gasket gets gas on it and is in open air it will start to expand. Making it harder to get back on. If were quick enough it will not expand much and go right back on. Take a picture when the bowl is off. You may also want to remove the big phillips screw holding the idle adjustment screw. It will make lining the bowl back up easier.

B6E7ECF6-E522-402E-9734-84BDD19F12CE.thumb.jpeg.04a3ac907af0a7b4d6b6caafee756b9f.jpeg

Both jets get tightened all the way. The pilot mixture screw you do not. But that is more than likely a D shaped screw that you wont be able to turn without the special tool.

I tightened them both all the way, any idea why it’s still back firing? Could it be cause I need the bigger main jet ?

Awesome! So were making progress. Only thing is the popping now. I would have to at this point bet its the header gaskets leaking.

Yep those would do it. The only scary part of changing them is those collector bolts can be very stuck. And can even snap sometimes. So changing those is always a last resort.

So just took it out and rode it for about an hour and it’s definitely ripping but just like when I first started when it’s cold and hit the throttle it could it kind of bogs and then once it warms up it doesn’t do that at all, what could the issue be?