Logan410

400 ex Throttle won’t engage at all

Hmmm. You got plenty of slack on the cable now for sure. My bet is your not getting the barrel spun around enough to get the cable through the slot. That part can be alittle tough. Sometimes you can get the barrel started in the hole and use your thumb and kinda twist on it. The cable needs to turn out almost 90° to slot into the gap. I usually get it started about half way in and then use my other thumb to twist the thottle arm around to almost wide open throttle and it helps you get the cable at the angle you need.

• Like 1

I suggest waiting until you get your exhaust gasket fixed. As that can cause all kinds of weird problems. Its essentially running with no restriction from the muffler so kinda like open header is on a race car. This engine needs that back pressure to run properly. So before we go chasing something that isnt there i would wait until that gasket is in. But to me im betting its because it has the airbox open and now bone stock jetting. Sounds lean to me. We also want to make sure you are getting the full throw of the throttle. Hold it wide open when the engine is off and use your other hand and push the throttle arm. It should be hitting a stop so wont go any further. If it does you need to adjust the cable more up at the thumb throttle housing.

Choke down. Up is ON down is OFF. Should swing towards the back. I mean when you have the thumb throttle wide open it shouldnt move any further. The throttle arm that you put the cable on should be hitting a stop not allowing you to go any further. That could be it. If the choke is on it would do that 100%!

Choke is down. Still doing it. Trying to get this one bolt off the exhaust that’s stuck. It sounds like the back fire is coming through the carb like when I put my ear near the air filter it sounds like it’s coming out there 

Choke is all the way down now and when I hit the throttle it doesn’t bog out anymore. Just need to get this exhaust off to put this gasket on 

• Like 1

Yeah it probably took a few minutes to un foul the plug lol! Glad you got her revving out man! The popping through the carb is from a lean condition. Could be that gasket. Fingers are crossed man! Try heating the bolt in that clamp up if you have a propane torch.

So just rode it down the block and this thing is so much faster then what it was. I really feel the power in it now. Just need to get this other stuff figured out and I’m excited to take her out. Thank you guys so much for everything 

• Like 1

Take it for a rip. And then do a video of revving it. My bet is its a lean pop happening. But go clear it out a bit! Let her eat alittle bit!

Video 2. Sounds like chain hitting the skid plate on the swing arm. If it has one? Or chain rubbing on something no doubt. The pop is a lean pop no doubt. To get rid of it jetting the carb will be required. The reason you need to jet it is the airbox lid has been removed. The snorkle has also been blocked off it looks like so you cant just put the lid back on either.

I bought an air box lid but you said it won’t go on? And I did buy jets cause I didn’t know what was going to happen. Is that necessary to do so?