Logan410

400 ex Throttle won’t engage at all

Airbox lid will go on. But you are missing the white plastic snorkle coming out the front of the box. If you put the lid on it will seal off and you will get no air into the engine. It wont run long if it all without that snorkle. Im glad you got jets! What is your elevation? As long as your under 5000 to 10,000 feet above sea level i can get your jetting near dialed.

If your gunna put the airbox lid back on i would only be upping the pilot 1 size. And the main 1 size. So 40 pilot. 150 main. Stock is 38/148. If your gunna leave the lid off. Which is kinda free power. I would go 40/155.

I’m just going to leave the lid off. Also I have no idea how to do the jet so probably will have my neighbor help me with that

6 minutes ago, Logan410 said:

I seen on the internet you can do it without taking the carb all the way off? Is that true?

Main jet yes. Pilot jet not on that carb. You gotta remove the bowl. But you can leave the throttle cable attatched tho! Just gotta remove the filter box and remove the carb and take the screws out of the bowl.

1 minute ago, Logan410 said:

And that would absolutely be nice leaving the throttle cable attached lol

Haha for sure. Taking carb apart is super easy. Dont know of a youtube video though. You had to airbox off and put the carb on. Its kinda reverse of what you did. I suggest removing the gas tank again though so you can take the carb over off the side and have plenty of length to get at it!

Yes I absolutely have no problem taking the carb off that was very easy to do so I just don’t know what I have to remove to get to the right Jets And exactly what place their in on the carb

Does the quad have a skid plate on the swing arm? Take the carb off and take a picture of the bottom. I will draw an arrow to each screw to remove and when the bowl is off i will label the jets for you bud!

Yep thats the exact swing arm skid plate that the chain would be hitting. Its most likely bent and making contact with the chain near the bottom of the rear sprocket.

Ummm. That isnt the right main jet at all? The right main jet is a small hex not a round jet. Those are mikuni jets. Not keihin.

I will warn you though. Those cheap jet kits like that arent always drilled properly. Just ran into this like 30 minutes ago tuning my brothers pit bike. He ordered a cheap kit like that and all of the pilot jets were actually drilled the same size but numbered different. They were all smaller than his stock one and the thing wouldnt even run after changing it. Thats when we found the problem. I buy only oem keihin jets.