_Wilson_™

Attention SlammedRanger

i had a small issue (cl) child lock with a new dish washer...... it's an LG, I'm short just wanted your thoughts on these brands...... the sucker does a great job, i just don't get to use it very often...... i don't stack dirty dishes in there till it's full, when i get down with breakfast dishes lunch, and supper, I'll just wash them and toss them in the strainer...... but what got me was the child lock seemed to have activated by itself....... but like i say the few times over used the machine, it's worked perfectly, matter of fact just about the best one ive personally delt with......I'm just thinking could this be a fire hazard (wire short) down the road ?? 

Almost always with LG or Samsung appliances when they are doing something goofy its a control board issue. You can try the hard reset by killing power for 10 minutes and turning it back on. But if its decided to engage the child lock on its own it could be one two or three (depending on model) control boards. I wouldnt worry about it being a fire hazard or anything. From this odd behavior. If you want to see if parts are even available send me the M# and S# off it. (Should be around the edge near the door seal surface).

• Like 1

thanks Chief consider them sent........ it very could have been me (pushed the wrong combo of keys) to start the cycle..... let me get you those numbers, but I'm no hurry....... PM sent.  thank you again Slammed.