Misterclean

My 1st love

My two daughters, two sons in law, grandson, granddaughter and wife like to ride so I own two four wheelers and four dirt bikes so everyone can ride something. As a result my enjoyment for my YZ 250 has been awakened. As the title suggests, my first love is dirt bikes.........since 1972  7th grade. 1972 SL 70......a real motorcycle! Since then I've owned perhaps 25 to 30 bikes......mostly off road bikes,a few street bikes, a few dual sports and an old ATC 90. I was prejudice against wheelers because they were slow and that was important to me for many decades. Then a friend sold me 1994 Yamaha Timber wolf 250 around 2005ish?  It needed one of everything.....oversized piston, carb assy, , all brake drums, shoes, cams and cables etc etc. ...turned out to be a great wheeler and opened up my mind to wheelers. My daughters liked it so we kept it. Had a friend give me a mid 80's 200 Yamaha wheeler, the one before suspension! Then four TRX 420's after that. My youngest son in really likes the CRF 230F I bought a few weeks ago so I'm riding my YZ much more. I forgot how much fun a high performance two stroke can be. It does things effortlessly that the wheelers struggle to do (Except mud bogging! LOL) Any one else remember their first love?

Edited by Misterclean
  • Like 1

still have my first love bike..it's the lil red wonder here in the pic...1979. Had it out of the garage just last week in fact... hondas.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bighanded said:

still have my first love bike..it's the lil red wonder here in the pic...1979. Had it out of the garage just last week in fact... hondas.jpeg

I hated those bikes when young because they were not cool........love them now!!!!! If money were not a problem I'd probably own 6 of the new 125's

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Misterclean said:

, my first love is dirt bikes.........since 1972  7th grade. 1972 SL 70......a real motorcycle!  Any one else remember their first love?

1972 Honda CT70 Mini Trail , the 4 speed with clutch ...  9th grade , rode it to school , had a learners permit , license plate and brake tag 

• Like 1

i miss my honda cx500c from back in the day, the very first v-twin engine design from honda. they called them the '' flying v's '' back then.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Misterclean said:

I hated those bikes when young because they were not cool........love them now!!!!! If money were not a problem I'd probably own 6 of the new 125's

yeah..underpowered, slow, girl bike style support, etc.

mine has original title so it is tagged and street legal...but I don't dare take it out around town...folks drive 50+ on the 35mph roads and perceive me as a moped so they blow me off the road.  But on back country 2 lanes, it's a joy to cruise around and on trails...with that low transmission option...it'll climb a tree.

at my age, it goes fast enough  and when I'm tooling through small tourist towns on our various road trips, everyone smiles and wants to come talk about remembering those old bikes  "ya meet the nicest people on a honda..."

the new 125 looks great...same vibe, but 12volts and that extra bit of hp.

still if I want a dual sport these days, at a minimum it would be 350cc 

The 2022  honda 125 redo is something I wouldn't mind having 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishfiles said:

The 2022  honda 125 redo is something I wouldn't mind having 

They would make a great around town/campground machines.

there ya go....amazing machines...and yes, campground, small tourist town cruising...that' where i enjoy mine the most...but a few more CCs and a 12volt system would sure be nice... I just don't want to modify my current bike with the chinese Lifan engine upgrades...if mine was a rough old barn bike..yeah...but it's in really great original shape... I'll enjoy it for a couple more years and sell it for the premium $ they are bringing... guy asked me about mine last year and I casually said I'd probably sell it for about $1800...he said he was on the way... I had to stop him and clarify that I "would"  if I decided to ....not that I was offering it to him...but man he didn't blink at that price for one with a clean title.

3 hours ago, Bighanded said:

there ya go....amazing machines...and yes, campground, small tourist town cruising...that' where i enjoy mine the most...but a few more CCs and a 12volt system would sure be nice... I just don't want to modify my current bike with the chinese Lifan engine upgrades...if mine was a rough old barn bike..yeah...but it's in really great original shape... I'll enjoy it for a couple more years and sell it for the premium $ they are bringing... guy asked me about mine last year and I casually said I'd probably sell it for about $1800...he said he was on the way... I had to stop him and clarify that I "would"  if I decided to ....not that I was offering it to him...but man he didn't blink at that price for one with a clean title.

By the looks of your 90 it would bring more than 1800. It's all original correct?

4 hours ago, Bighanded said:

I believe go power sports sells tillotson engines to fit on those (Japanese made engines)

I've owned so may different Hondas over the years.  From the QA50 to the Goldwing.  All the inline fours.  A few that really gave me the most joy were the CB350Four, CB360 because of the extra gear and the FT500 Ascot.  Love thumpers in general but the Ascot was such a fun little thing to flog about town.  Always wanted a pristine VT500 Ascot.   Funny that the bike I had the longest and put 60,000 + miles on was the 89 Pacific Coast.   Funny relationship with that bike.  Ultra comfortable and reliable as granite but it just didn't spark the emotions that some others did.  Kind of like a Buick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, Misterclean said:

By the looks of your 90 it would bring more than 1800. It's all original correct?

yep...well...the carb on there right now is a japan made replacement...but I do have the original carb.. I just never seem to get around to doing the rebuild on it.

so , yeah, about 9k miles on it..other than tires and a battery...that's the bike.

On 5/11/2022 at 7:16 PM, 56Sierra said:

I've owned so may different Hondas over the years.  From the QA50 to the Goldwing.  All the inline fours.  A few that really gave me the most joy were the CB350Four, CB360 because of the extra gear and the FT500 Ascot.  Love thumpers in general but the Ascot was such a fun little thing to flog about town.  Always wanted a pristine VT500 Ascot.   Funny that the bike I had the longest and put 60,000 + miles on was the 89 Pacific Coast.   Funny relationship with that bike.  Ultra comfortable and reliable as granite but it just didn't spark the emotions that some others did.  Kind of like a Buick.

I had a Suzuki GN 400 thumper. It was a simple and comfortable cruiser. Should have hung on to that one.