Aviad

Fourtrax 1993 Fender and Flares

Hello

I was reading an old long explanation that was posted regard of Fourtrax 300 Fenders. I have got 1993 model Fourtrax 300

I have got a 2 questions:

1) From your experience, if I use original fenders will the new sets of Fender Flares (they sell them today as a new set which looks in the pictures as the fender flares of the 1998 models) will fit them?

2) I am not sure I can fix my fenders therefore my other option is if  I purchase in ebay the new Fenders(by Maier) will the fender flares I described above fit them?

Tnx a lot

aviad

I like the look of the maier fenders, but i think you’ll lose the convenience of the toolbox. 

as for the mud guards, the 96-00 “bumpy” mud guards aren’t an exact fit—you’ll need to drill new fastener holes in the fender.

NOS oem fender guards are available for ~$120 free shipping.

my recommendation would be to get an OEM set new or used. these are getting harder to find but they are available. Cost depends on shipping.

3CB5DAA5-D59F-4B4A-A60F-E05E61693282.jpeg

8DD0A259-AD3D-45A2-9C9D-E4180CD082F1.jpeg

0F6E89F0-2BCA-41A0-8C93-DB1E1D4402E3.png

Edited by Goober
  • Like 2

Tnx. I have couple of more questions.

1. You recommended to purchase oem or used. You refereed to the flares? 

2. They sell also the new model flares ( you called them bumpy) in 340$ for the 4 of them. instead of buying the 4 origin by 120 each. What do you say?

Some other questions I do have - is there any way to call you?

Tnx so much 

Aviad 

Hi . Welcome to ATVHonda forum ... Greg Krantilis in Monroe , Louisiana can get you some new smooth 1st gen 300 flares , they are expensive , I think $320 a set ,  you can find him on the 300 Club on Facebook 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Aviad said:

Tnx. I have couple of more questions.

1. You recommended to purchase oem or used. You refereed to the flares? 

2. They sell also the new model flares ( you called them bumpy) in 340$ for the 4 of them. instead of buying the 4 origin by 120 each. What do you say?

Some other questions I do have - is there any way to call you?

Tnx so much 

Aviad 

Thanks for your interest. I don’t share my personal contact info. the community here can answer all your questions. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aviad said:

Hello

I was reading an old long explanation that was posted regard of Fourtrax 300 Fenders. I have got 1993 model Fourtrax 300

I have got a 2 questions:

1) From your experience, if I use original fenders will the new sets of Fender Flares (they sell them today as a new set which looks in the pictures as the fender flares of the 1998 models) will fit them?

2) I am not sure I can fix my fenders therefore my other option is if  I purchase in ebay the new Fenders(by Maier) will the fender flares I described above fit them?

Tnx a lot

aviad

maier fenders will not allow you to add outer flares, why ?, they do not make the outer edge like oem to attach flares to, nor do they drill the holes for the push pins. also, they do not allow a rear trunk area. stay oem, even if you have to buy used fenders.

• Like 1

From what I've seen, the early non ribbed style flares seem to hold up better over time than the later ribbed style. 

On 300's that have been sitting out/ seen a hard life, I see a lot more early style flares that are still useable, where most ribbed flares will fall apart when you touch them.

• Like 1

Tnx for all these great answers. 

Tried to contact the guy from Louisiana. The challenge is the expensive shipping cost up to Maryland. The size of the boxes is huge. 

Any creative idea?

And one more. Will the old shape flares will fit the Maier fenders? 

Tnx you all.

I am very excited to renew my antique 

• Like 1

Leave Greg a message and he will get back to you , patiences is a virtue ...... 

I have put 1st gen flares on later gen fenders and vise versa by drilling holes , maybe a little trimming and what not , nothing too bad --- don't have  any personal experiences with Maier fenders -----

i'll second Jeep's theory that the smooth flares out last the humpbacks , the smooth are the best looking to me 

Great. One more. I have got this picture. Are these the 1st Gen flares? 

Because this is my ATV (many years ago....), and the flares look totally different than the types that were attached in previous msgs in this post?

TRX 300.png

Just now, Aviad said:

Great. One more. I have got this picture. Are these the 1st Gen flares? 

Because this is my ATV (many years ago....), and the flares look totally different than the types that were attached in previous msgs in this post?

TRX 300.png

The one in the picture doesn't have flares on it.

2wd 300's came without flares. 

Great answers. Now I know what to look for.

1) What about the rear parts connected to the fenders ? What is their name ?

2) And.....If I cannot get these parts, will a usage of the flares on my model (2WD 1993) will work? (cause at the end of the day they protect also from mud/.....)

Wow , $175 and $7 shipping for one splash guard , I think I would cut up a plastic 55 or 25  gallon  drum and spray paint it black 

I bought a 300 a while back that someone had cut flaps out of a rubber mat of some sort.  Maybe a stall mat from tractor supply or something similar to that.

If you want original Honda stuff, it's going to be $$$

Tnx guys. 

The exhaust for the 300 that is sold in eBay will work ok? Cause it's cost is only 110 while in partzilla it is 800.

Any experience?

I have bought a Caltric muffler for one of my 300s , been years ago now , they are a lot lighter in material , but it has lasted as I still have it  >>>>>>   I would not pay $800 to stay OEM 

• Like 1

On something like that I'd buy aftermarket.

Some stuff like ball joints, tie rod ends, air filters the difference in price isn't huge and you know OEM is better than aftermarket.

Some stuff OEM is so much more expensive that it makes sense to buy aftermarket, knowing that it won't be as good, but it will work.

• Like 1

Check the OEM parts finder at Rocky Mountain atv and Partzilla. You can search by your VIN to ensure you get correct parts. You can then cross reference and or search the part numbers you need to other models.

here’s my 93 FW ready for some catfishing!

D037DD8E-2A28-42CB-8BA3-28628C008EC5.jpeg

• Like 1