Aviad

Fourtrax 1993 Fender and Flares

Hey again

As for the main fenders (front and rear) . Got a contact of a company named KTX Pro which manufacture new fenders (3D printing). Any experience with them? They claim to say the new plastic material is far better the origin one. Anyone?

Additional, cannot find a way to purchase all the stickers I did have on my old plastics. Could not find them in Partzilla or Ebay. Any idea?

Tnx

Marks and Labels are the two finche that decals  are found in , but most all '93 300 decals are no longer available -----   there are guys that put together kits with vinyl graphics , you can have it done yourself , they won't be exactly the same but they can get them close at a vinyl graphics business -----  I have never paid much attention to  decals , they  are not my thing , there is a guy on Honda Hoarders / Facebook  that does decals  

image.png

image.png

As for the main fenders (front and rear) . Got a contact of a company named KTX Pro which manufacture new fenders (3D printing). Any experience with them? They claim to say the new plastic material is far better the origin one. Anyone?

27 minutes ago, Aviad said:

Never heard of them ---- sounds expensive .....  what end results are you trying to achieve with your build  ??   

Well. My plastics are completely broken. Mechanical stuff is OK. I wanted to make the look of the ATV newer. Much more than today. Here is how it looks now.

The problem is that  even if I find used fenders the shipping is unbelievable to MD. This Company gives it in 600 new stuff including shipping.

Any other idea?

image.jpg

• Like 1

Couldn't find any other local solution.

Here are pictures of the KTX fenders.....

3E159F60-0D3D-4641-923C-C851A53A246A.jpeg

34A4A9D2-E7C3-4BAF-B9B3-915035A50BBB.jpeg

4FA83FF8-009E-40B8-8F6C-486EF2DDD3EF.jpeg

8112CB34-31C1-45D0-9536-7E07A50A677F.jpeg

B449D023-EAA6-4BBD-A73D-45FBE990B810.jpeg

78B967F4-CCD8-41AE-A23C-9D0A5594F671.jpeg

Kinda like Maier.  You lose the trunk, would have to drill holes to mount flares. 

Indeed.

A little cheaper though.

They claim to say the material is more flexible and will last longet

Well. Going to install only the origin half splash guards fenders and rear ones. There are holes for them.

Thanks for the pic. Yes, bit of a project. You ay it was your Dad’s? Runs OK? 
whats that big bar attached to the rear carrier? 

I didn’t see any big cracks but with all the sun damage I’m sure they’re brittle. If not i would remove the fenders and try some plastic polish like Novus #2 and a buffer.

Before you start wrenching on it, spray every nut and bolt with Deep Creep. Use your best 6 point sockets and cross-point bits to remove. put hardware you remove into ziplock bags with cards labeling what they go to. Each time you remove a single part, the hardware goes into a separate bag. 

mainly I’d be patient—looking for fenders—and then wrenching on it. Maybe you’ll be able to find that rare set of Cosmic Grey OEM fenders 

0FD42EFC-B225-4C8C-A640-70393E563F05.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Got to ask !!!

Do you plan on using the ATV for work and / or fun ?    Or is it  intended to be a restoration show piece , that sits in the garage and maybe gets ridden once or twice a year   ???

Paint the fenders , the battle wounds will give it some class and save some serious funds for some cool rims and aggressive tires or a sound system , LOL 

• Like 1

I like the idea to paint if they will hold paint.

I would def powder coat the wheels to a silver. But that would run over $200.

• Like 1

Well.

The rear fender misses all its back side. And full with cracks at its other side (not in the picture)..

I am riding it once in month more or less. It is mine since 2000. It runs ok.

The idea is to make it dramatically looks better.

Yes. I do intend to recover the wheels by silver.

Also want to replace the Exhaust because of back fires.

As I never tried to deal with tye of project I am not sure yet whether to cut it into pieces,clean and paint everything or just to deal with the plastics and main black bars. A little bit scared to try.

BTW the bar attached is something we had to install in Israel on ATVs. They canceled just now this law.

• Like 1