Chasin3dale

(08 rubicon 500 es) iso advice or repair manual

I just recently picked up a 08 Forman 500 that is a project atv. Everything is here and complete they just claim it wasn’t getting any fire, plastics are all off, the shifter which I assume is 4wd shifter not really sure. When I shift it it goes from 4wd and the next light I believe is reverse and rhe 3rd shift selection I’m not sure. The atv only turns over when it shows to be in reverse??? Also the es isn’t working I don’t believe. Any help would be great. Or a repair manual so I could try run the issues down. I’m fairly good with an atv, I own 2 others a 02 rancher 350 and a 07 recon 250. 

Edited by Chasin3dale
Correction

4 hours ago, Chasin3dale said:

I just recently picked up a 08 Forman 500 that is a project atv. Everything is here and complete they just claim it wasn’t getting any fire, plastics are all off, the shifter which I assume is 4wd shifter not really sure. When I shift it it goes from 4wd and the next light I believe is reverse and rhe 3rd shift selection I’m not sure. The atv only turns over when it shows to be in reverse??? Also the es isn’t working I don’t believe. Any help would be great. Or a repair manual so I could try run the issues down. I’m fairly good with an atv, I own 2 others a 02 rancher 350 and a 07 recon 250. 

Sounds like you have a Rubicon.  Is the "shifter" on the left side of the gas tank like the one in the pic?

rubicon.jpg

1 minute ago, Chasin3dale said:

Yes sir it is on that side 

On 5/17/2022 at 1:08 PM, jeepwm69 said:

Sounds like you have a Rubicon.  Is the "shifter" on the left side of the gas tank like the one in the pic?

rubicon.jpg

It is on that side so I have a rubicon instead of Forman? Well that’s good news I assume? 

6 hours ago, Chasin3dale said:

It is on that side so I have a rubicon instead of Forman? Well that’s good news I assume? 

honda in their great wisdom calls this model rubi formans..i have no idea why ??..but that is how they list them.