Rusted Toyota

Worth it?

Found this on Faceplant; claims trans slips at times after oil change. Could it be the wrong oil? Worth the gamble? I would purchase it for resale as I’m sticking with ATVs. $7500 with 340 mi.

7B019C5F-20E1-4A26-A707-5E9981969B5B.png

Those tires have a lot of wear on them for 340 miles. Mileage also doesn't match with oil change intervals. If it was sunk or anything like that the $$$ can rack up pretty fast. If he just didn't put enough oil in it, it would be a cheap fix. 

The seller flips a lot of nice ATVs on FB. I would think he should know about correct oil and checking the level- that’s what concerns me. If it was a quick fix he would have done it. Sure don’t want a money pit.

Usually when the transmission slips on those it because the oil pump pick up screen is plugged (complete disassembly of the motor) but I have never seen it with that low of mileage. I also never see them with that low of mileage unless it's for the very first oil change. 

Thanks too deep, think I’m going to leave it alone. I’ve got both of my ATVs running good and I’ll use the time to enjoy them rather than take on another project.