BC-Buck

Need help with saddle sore after long rides

My 2002 Honda Rubicon suspension is stiff. After couple hours of the intense technical trails at St Joe park my butt and tailbone is telling me to quit. Even when chores at the farm require long hours in the saddle im still felling it the next day. Buddies been trying to get me to go out west with them to ride atvs but felt I could only handle one day of riding. Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

A new seat will be a lot softer than the old one.

Elka shocks supposedly make a big difference but they are $$$$.

Perfex long travel lift kit will make it ride a bit better, but you're going to have a hard time finding one as they have been discontinued for quite a while.  A 450 Foreman, 05-11 500 Foreman, and 01-14 Rubicon Perfex are all more or less interchangeable

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

A new seat will be a lot softer than the old one.

Elka shocks supposedly make a big difference but they are $$$$.

Perfex long travel lift kit will make it ride a bit better, but you're going to have a hard time finding one as they have been discontinued for quite a while.  A 450 Foreman, 05-11 500 Foreman, and 01-14 Rubicon Perfex are all more or less interchangeable

Thanks, now you have me looking into spending money.

22 minutes ago, BC-Buck said:

Thanks, now you have me looking into spending money.

You could always get a pad that goes on over your existing seat too.  The seat foam hardens over time, so a new seat will be much more comfortable than an older one.

i know this might be extreme for you , but it sounds like you have an extreme case of raw butt ------ I recovered quit a few of my seats over the years , one time I was in need of foam , so I bought a piece of memory foam , pillow material from the linen shop , it was expensive for the foam about $30 for enough to do two seat , the vunyl is about $10 these days  , lucky I have a foam saw that I had bought years ago at a flea market and used it to shape the seat foam , an electric  fillet knife would do ---- it is a lot softer on the butt , but to tell the truth , I got a tuff butt from years of " a$$ whippin's from me Mom whilst I was a  lad " , LOL 

54 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

i know this might be extreme for you , but it sounds like you have an extreme case of raw butt ------ I recovered quit a few of my seats over the years , one time I was in need of foam , so I bought a piece of memory foam , pillow material from the linen shop , it was expensive for the foam about $30 for enough to do two seat , the vunyl is about $10 these days  , lucky I have a foam saw that I had bought years ago at a flea market and used it to shape the seat foam , an electric  fillet knife would do ---- it is a lot softer on the butt , but to tell the truth , I got a tuff butt from years of " a$$ whippin's from me Mom whilst I was a  lad " , LOL 

Your and my Mom must have been related. LOL Softening the seat is first on the agenda. I just recovered seat couple years ago but foam is 20 year old technology.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BC-Buck said:

Your and my Mom must have been related. LOL Softening the seat is first on the agenda. I just recovered seat couple years ago but foam is 20 year old technology.

Maybe you could redo the seat with a " My Pillow Butt Pack " and start a new craze and make millions 

By today's standards  my Mom would have gone to jail for child abuse   ---- I always say , I wasn't not afraid of the police , I was afraid of what my Mom was going to do to me if I ever got in trouble with the  police  

25 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Maybe you could redo the seat with a " My Pillow Butt Pack " and start a new craze and make millions 

By today's standards  my Mom would have gone to jail for child abuse   ---- I always say , I wasn't not afraid of the police , I was afraid of what my Mom was going to do to me if I ever got in trouble with the  police  

I feel your pain. Thats the difference between good parents and ones that are self centered and let there kids run wild.