Bt74

New Member here

Hi there folks, new member, just bought a 02 Foreman S at a NH state surplus auction last week. In pretty good shape for a 20 year old machine, looking forward to playing with it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bt74 said:

Hi there folks, new member, just bought a 02 Foreman S at a NH state surplus auction last week. In pretty good shape for a 20 year old machine, looking forward to playing with it. 

Welcome to ATVHonda  forum ....  There are quite a few 450 owner on the site --- I know a little bit 'bout the 450s , I have a 2000 450S and a 2002 450FM ( which some call a S ) 

• Like 1

Welcome! Download the service manual from the folder labeled “manuals.”

0F57FDE9-57B7-4120-9DF5-354CEE1CC116.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Welcome to ATVHonda  forum ....  There are quite a few 450 owner on the site --- I know a little bit 'bout the 450s , I have a 2000 450S and a 2002 450FM ( which some call a S ) 

Thanks! I bought this one on a fluke, seemed really clean for a 20 year old machine, took a chance as it was not running, but a fresh battery and gasoline and it runs out fine. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Goober said:

Welcome! Download the service manual from the folder labeled “manuals.”

0F57FDE9-57B7-4120-9DF5-354CEE1CC116.jpeg

Thanks Much! Was looking for this online. 

1 hour ago, Bt74 said:

Thanks! I bought this one on a fluke, seemed really clean for a 20 year old machine, took a chance as it was not running, but a fresh battery and gasoline and it runs out fine. 

How's about a pic of that " 20 year old really clean machine "  !!!!  We love pics    --- have seen 450s in 3 colors , ketchup , mustard  and relish 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

How's about a pic of that " 20 year old really clean machine "  !!!!  We love pics    --- have seen 450s in 3 colors , ketchup , mustard  and relish 

Other than the seat cover, seems clean to me. Shows 260 hours, 1021 miles. 

honda1.jpg

honda2.jpg

honda3.jpg

hondaatv.jpg

Edited by Bt74
spelling
  • Like 3

Yep , it is in good condition , low hours and miles --- looks like an auction ATV = Lot 7 

Yes, a New Hampshire State Surplus Property auction. They had a bunch of F&G Yamahas, but they were pretty rough, heavy use, broken plastic etc..  The help there said this wasn't a F&G owned ATV, but it does have a NH State Property tag on it. No idea what it was used for. Wasn't even in the market for an ATV, but you know how auctions go. Quick question, I only got one ignition key with it, are they generic, or do I have to have one cut?

Edited by Bt74

8 minutes ago, Bt74 said:

Yes, a New Hampshire State Surplus Property auction. They had a bunch of F&G Yamahas, but they were pretty rough, heavy use, broken plastic etc..  The help there said this wasn't a F&G owned ATV, but it does have a NH State Property tag on it. No idea what it was used for. Wasn't even in the market for an ATV, but you know how auctions go. Quick question, I only got one ignition key with it, are they generic, or do I have to have one cut?

'' IF '' you can get a key cut from any honda dealer ?, they are your best shot. you would be better off just buying a brand new ignition switch from HONDA MND YOU !!..and replacing the whole switch, then have 2 new oem keys.

• Like 1

The local locksmith here in Slidell , Louisiana can make a Honda key from your key , the key blank looks a little different but it works , cost about $7 

Keep in mind when you transport it, don’t tie it down by the carriers. Use good ratchet straps, like 1.5 to 2 inches, and fasten to the frame. Frame won’t bend but carriers only take 40-50 lbs.

i use Harley Davidson ratchet straps with soft hooks.

Edited by Goober