TexRed

WTB: front and rear carriers for 86 TRX350

I got a near mint 1986 Fourtrax 350 for an unbeatable price. Only problem is it does not have carriers. I want it to be functional but I don’t want to cut into such clean plastics. So… I am looking for front and rear cooler carriers. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I check ebay regularly but don’t want to put beat up junk parts on such a clean machine. 

64FF7553-A7D3-4B49-A2F3-FFDEDB4CEE99.jpeg

Welcome! There’s a forum folder called service manuals. Check that out and consider getting a printed manual so you have a readable wiring schematic.

there’s another new member here selling an 86. Check out the rear rack on it—that is the other rack that was available. 

Here’s a pic of details for the front cooler carrier by Cambridge Metal and Plastics. 

F29881F3-71F2-4E16-B5C2-1CA66983DDD2.jpeg

Here’s detail on the rear cooler carrier.

it has a stylized logo on the rack.

what are you looking to give for these racks? 

C5B15EF7-1389-4521-9F2D-112F52A81D45.jpeg

Edited by Goober

@shadetree is very knowledgeable on the old school 350s 

When I look at the 86 -350 print , it doesn't even show a front or rear carrier option for the 86 -------  there are carriers for the front and rear  in 87 and it show to only fit the 87 ------   then 88 and 89 shows to be interchange between those two years 

• Like 1

Interesting. 
Perhaps some aftermarket companies made them for the 86’s. @Goobers post above with the Cambridge Metal Plastics rack rack install instructions specifically said 1986…

Hopefully they interchange. I’d just like to avoid cutting up the plastics. That’s why I’m eyeing the cooler carriers that is the existing mounting screws

• Like 1

Yup the 86 Fourtrax was barebones and came just as Texred has. Hondaline offered accessories tho. I have a brochure that shows them. Two front and rear Carriers, accessory bumper, speedo kit, spotlamp, hourmeter, lamp guards, flag, mudguards. I got them all but the toolbox. I collected that stuff for about ten years and sold a bunch of it last year.

6054A7B9-4E64-4306-9149-F6B8AD7263B0.jpeg

77AA6095-52AA-440C-96A5-AD3EB7A690B0.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Well dang. I got this thing a little over a year ago. I should have posted something earlier! 

• Like 1

i'll save you some worry about the plastics. if you remove the front and rear fenders, on the underside, there is a place that is pre-circled for a hole where the racks will fit through once the hole is cut out. you really can't mess them up if you use the pre-templet to cut out for the rack legs. the frame right under these cut-outs are ready to bolt up the rack legs. you will need all the hardware to attach the racks to the frame.

• Like 1

Did anyone  mentioned , HondaLine products can  cost an  arm, a leg and not one but a pair of nuts and can be about as rare as elephant ! in a canary cage to find , lol 

• Like 1

Yeah absolutely that’s why I asked @TexRed how much he expected to give for one or both!
A $150 each offer would be an attention getter. $200 each, someone would post one up. Offer $400 and shipping i might think about taking one of mine off lol!!!

3 hours ago, TexRed said:

Assuming this is the rear that came off the same bike and is also mislabeled. Will it fit? Does it require cutting plastics?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/114963347798?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3rZKe9QOQGe&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=t7YjAehkQ0i&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

No this is for a TRX300 I don’t think you’ll get it to fit 

I like the one from power sports nation. 20% off with free shipping means you’ll get it for $148 plus $10 tax

https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-fourtrax-foreman-350-d-86-rack-front-34787.html

you will need some bolts and spacers to get it fitted properly. I can help with info

5CA18CE9-1A0D-48A6-903C-11942AD6F853.jpeg

Edited by Goober

That PSN  carrier in Goobers link seems like a needle in a haystack to find  , it is kind of expensive and a little bent up , but rare ---- They are calling it a 350D , which according to the part finche Ds never came out till 87 , but I think they actually came out half year -------  you can see the rack that PSN has , appears to be  the right rack for the 86 ---- it is a lot of money , but if you going to run with the big dogs , you got  to pee with them too 

• Haha 1

Yup @Fishfiles I don’t think you’ll find it cheaper.

get the bends out, fit it to the quad. Smooth out the finish spray with Rustoleum rust converter, then hit it with black semigloss.

Do you have a coupon code for PSN? It’s not showing the 20% when I add it to my cart. 

18 minutes ago, TexRed said:

Do you have a coupon code for PSN? It’s not showing the 20% when I add it to my cart. 

Sorry code “sacrifice” when buying two parts

953A188C-722B-4C3F-947D-09C57BE21683.jpeg

That other one you sent that was mislabeled for a trx 300 looks to be in similar condition with a slightly bent front upright. It will fit too, correct?

Any benefit of the PSN over that one?

6 minutes ago, TexRed said:

That other one you sent that was mislabeled for a trx 300 looks to be in similar condition with a slightly bent front upright. It will fit too, correct?

Any benefit of the PSN over that one?

It will fit too. Not in as good condition—couple holes drilled in two of the inside lateral supports. Otherwise yes.

if you have to order a second part, I would consider this shift shaft. https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-fourtrax-foreman-350-d-86-shift-shaft-24610-ha7-670-34787.html

Springs no longer available. 
i think the A and D model shift shafts are all interchangeable, @shadetree or @jeepwm69?

735C3B1A-3DD5-4F95-A815-0BADDCAA773F.jpeg

Edited by Goober

I ordered both of those parts. Thanks for all the help! I’ll be picking your brain again when it comes to finding all the right bushings and bolts. 

Keep me in mind If you see a matching rear carrier pop up somewhere!

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Goober said:

It will fit too. Not in as good condition—couple holes drilled in two of the inside lateral supports. Otherwise yes.

if you have to order a second part, I would consider this shift shaft. https://www.powersportsnation.com/honda-fourtrax-foreman-350-d-86-shift-shaft-24610-ha7-670-34787.html

Springs no longer available. 
i think the A and D model shift shafts are all interchangeable, @shadetree or @jeepwm69?

735C3B1A-3DD5-4F95-A815-0BADDCAA773F.jpeg

shifting shafts on all models of the trx350's 1986-1989 are the same.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TexRed said:

I ordered both of those parts. Thanks for all the help! I’ll be picking your brain again when it comes to finding all the right bushings and bolts. 

Keep me in mind If you see a matching rear carrier pop up somewhere!

my memory might be a tad off ?. but i think most rear racks are all the same fit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shadetree said:

my memory might be a tad off ?. but i think most rear racks are all the same fit.

Thanks Shadetree good to know. He wants the racks that bolt to the bumper and fender setting brackets. Doesn’t want to drill holes in the fender if he can help it