TexRed

WTB: front and rear carriers for 86 TRX350

45 minutes ago, TexRed said:

I ordered both of those parts. Thanks for all the help! I’ll be picking your brain again when it comes to finding all the right bushings and bolts. 

Keep me in mind If you see a matching rear carrier pop up somewhere!

I can remember how i did it but not exactly parts dimensions ill gave to post pictures of the hardware i bought👍🏻Start by referring to the CMP parts list. Whereever i made a specification that contradicts the CMP list then call me on it cuz i might err.

two mounting points—the fender setting brackets and the bumper brackets. Get the rack fitted before you paint or powdercoat so you minimize bending and fracturing the new coating

the fender setting bolts use a hard rubber disk to protect the fender. the fender setting bolts are replaced by two new carrier bolts (12mm x 50mm?) down thru the carrier mount points, then down thru two new 3/4 inch hard plastic bushings, 2 new half inch? bronze bushings and finally to new washers and nylon locknuts.  The bronze bushings will fit inside of and support the rubber disk and the bolts will slide inside of the bushings. I trimmed the bronze bushings to level out the carrier.

heres a pic where i used fender washers to level it out.

use 10mm x 30mm? bolts, steel spacers washers and nylon locknuts for the bumper mount. You want to use spacers so you don’t bend the mounting tabs. An issue may result where the rack is loose and rattles.

i think i posted this somewhere else too!!!

1AC8CA45-266F-4A72-9078-513107121DFA.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Goober said:

Thanks Shadetree good to know. He wants the racks that bolt to the bumper and fender setting brackets. Doesn’t want to drill holes in the fender if he can help it

he will have to drill holes in both front and rear fender on the 1986 fenders, they are not drilled, but they are pre-fabbed from the under side , so you can see where the holes must be cut/drilled out.

7 minutes ago, Goober said:

I can remember how i did it but not exactly parts dimensions ill gave to post pictures of the hardware i bought👍🏻Start by referring to the CMP parts list. Whereever i made a specification that contradicts the CMP list then call me on it cuz i might err.

two mounting points—the fender setting brackets and the bumper brackets. Get the rack fitted before you paint or powdercoat so you minimize bending and fracturing the new coating

the fender setting bolts use a hard rubber disk to protect the fender. the fender setting bolts are replaced by two new carrier bolts (12mm x 50mm?) down thru the carrier mount points, then down thru two new 3/4 inch hard plastic bushings, 2 new half inch? bronze bushings and finally to new washers and nylon locknuts.  The bronze bushings will fit inside of and support the rubber disk and the bolts will slide inside of the bushings. I trimmed the bronze bushings to level out the carrier.

heres a pic where i used fender washers to level it out.

use 10mm x 30mm? bolts, steel spacers washers and nylon locknuts for the bumper mount. You want to use spacers so you don’t bend the mounting tabs. An issue may result where the rack is loose and rattles.

i think i posted this somewhere else too!!!

1AC8CA45-266F-4A72-9078-513107121DFA.jpeg

why did you use washers for spacers ^^^ ?, if you have the chrome fittings that go down in the hole, you should not need washers for spacers. every fender on the trx350 fourtrax uses the same hardware to mount the legs to the mounting brackets.

6 minutes ago, shadetree said:

he will have to drill holes in both front and rear fender on the 1986 fenders, they are not drilled, but they are pre-fabbed from the under side , so you can see where the holes must be cut/drilled out.

The cooler carriers didn’t require holes to be cut; they mount on the fender setting brackets and the front/rear bumper.

Yes, the luggage and basket racks do require holes to be cut.

4 minutes ago, Goober said:

The cooler carriers didn’t require holes to be cut; they mount on the fender setting brackets and the front/rear bumper.

Yes, the luggage and basket racks do require holes to be cut.

ah..ok. i do know the front racks will need the holes cut/drilled, never seen a '' cooler carrier '' ?, but front rack ?..yes.

• Like 1

Here’s the cooler carrier my daughter bought me. No holes to drill but the kit didn’t have the parts to get it level so (you know how i am lol) i had to get it level!!!

many trips to hardware store

after all that i sold it ahhh!

btw it fit the accessory bumper better

95BB3C77-A0E3-4378-A689-BF503D260358.jpeg

2C927E7C-211D-4461-9643-9BF7195F7573.jpeg

7E7CB0F6-9D4E-476A-B14F-1ED51CDF072A.jpeg

6F610072-A8EE-4A14-9BB7-43AA1CFEC5AD.jpeg

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, shadetree said:

my memory might be a tad off ?. but i think most rear racks are all the same fit.

Thanks a ton for the confirmation! 

• Like 1

Once you get the rear rack on there, what’s your chances the quad turns into a cat bed!?!

76C8A384-8FF6-4CF4-A5F9-0C46C31C6F3F.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2022 at 11:58 PM, Goober said:

Once you get the rear rack on there, what’s your chances the quad turns into a cat bed!?!

Hopefully not anytime soon! No cats around my house. Im sure my kids will try to persuade me into one at some point in to future. 

On 5/30/2022 at 11:58 PM, Goober said:

Goober , I am a animal lover , but cats setting up house on my 4 wheeler is pushing the limits >>>  I have a Chinese friend owns a restaurant , he gave me the recipe for them little " red ribs " at the buffet , going to have to post it up on the Food Network , they are yummy and a see you got a couple of " fat " racks =  LOL 

• Haha 1

Well the hunt continues. Tracking info shows delivered but I never received it. Nothing on the cameras either. Looks like $160 down the drain. 

Edited by TexRed

9 minutes ago, TexRed said:

Well the hunt continues. Tracking info shows delivered but I never received it. Nothing on the cameras either. Looks like $160 down the drain. 

Was that a private seller , ebay , amazon prime , paypal ??

Give a day , I seen packages come up delivered at my house and show up the next day 

Just now, TexRed said:

It was PSN. Shows delivered the 2nd. 

Bummer , I think you'll get your money for sure  , but if PSN ever get another one , who knows 

PSN always been good for me. Gotta get delivery company to fess up —ive had ups show they delivered to an address that was closed, nobody there, fenced up. They delivered but we had to hunt the driver down 

2 hours ago, TexRed said:

It was PSN. Shows delivered the 2nd. 

get psn to track down the driver.

• Like 1