DLBeltran74

2001 Honda CRF 100 F

Check it out, I have a 01’ CRF 100 F that I am having trouble figuring out why it will not stay on. And yes, I cleaned the carb. I checked the valve clearance and it appears to be in spec. I’m not very good at messing with the valves but I think I got it right. Well, when I start it, it only starts on choke. Once it starts up, it revs real high. When I switch the choke off it bogs down and eventually turns off. It doesn’t run long enough to adjust it. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

Ok, I took the carb off and cleaned the crap out of it. Now…..it turns on first kick but just on choke. If I try to turn the choke off it dies immediately. If I leave it on choke, I can barely twist the throttle and when I do, the bike revs up and down on its own. I cleaned the carb, put it through a couple of cycles in the unltrasonic cleaner, sprayed it good with carb cleaner and blew through every hole possible with my compressor. It was spotless when I put it back together. No gas leaking through the over flow, I couldn’t have gotten it any cleaner unless it was brand new. So someone……please help me figure this out!

14 minutes ago, DLBeltran74 said:

Ok, I took the carb off and cleaned the crap out of it. Now…..it turns on first kick but just on choke. If I try to turn the choke off it dies immediately. If I leave it on choke, I can barely twist the throttle and when I do, the bike revs up and down on its own. I cleaned the carb, put it through a couple of cycles in the unltrasonic cleaner, sprayed it good with carb cleaner and blew through every hole possible with my compressor. It was spotless when I put it back together. No gas leaking through the over flow, I couldn’t have gotten it any cleaner unless it was brand new. So someone……please help me figure this out!

9 out of 10 times, if they run with just the choke and not idle with the choke off ?, then the idle jet is stopped up !.

• Like 1

Is this the stock carb on this bike? It's possible something is missing...is there a retainer clip under the main spring inside the slide? It is W shaped and keeps the needle from moving when it shouldn't.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, DLBeltran74 said:

Check it out, I have a 01’ CRF 100 F that I am having trouble figuring out why it will not stay on. And yes, I cleaned the carb. I checked the valve clearance and it appears to be in spec. I’m not very good at messing with the valves but I think I got it right. Well, when I start it, it only starts on choke. Once it starts up, it revs real high. When I switch the choke off it bogs down and eventually turns off. It doesn’t run long enough to adjust it. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening?

i just tried looking this bike up, no listing showing on partzilla for a '01 honda crf 100f bike anywhere ?..are you sure of the make and year ??.

only crf100f that pops up on partzilla is a 2004 year model, which tells me, you got the wrong carb ?, or rebuilt the carb with the wrong carb kit ?. honda did not make the crf100f in 2001.

My mistake!!!! Yes it is a 2004! No it does not have a stock carb on it. I purchased the bike for $600 at a auction, 

1 hour ago, DLBeltran74 said:

My mistake!!!! Yes it is a 2004! No it does not have a stock carb on it. I purchased the bike for $600 at a auction, 

i would start with a stock oem carb, after market carbs are a hit or miss..mostly miss !..lol.