I was out driving my rancher 350 when all the sudden it just bogged down. I have cleaned the carb several times nothing changed. Got a new carb… nothing changed. I took the exhaust off and there is a blue flame coming out about 3 inches but then cuts off when motor bogs. I adjusted the valves to .006 of a thousands. I did a compression test and got about 80 psi. I am lost. Does anyone know what could be wrong. The carb mists a little bit of gas out of it.

Hi Big' , I would think the misting and back firing could be either from  timing chain stretch , a bent valve stem  , maybe a bad valve seat , or a bent connecting rod , did you happen to ingest water recently 

19 hours ago, Bigjohnson said:

I did notice that the muffler was not like in all the way and we go through water all the time.

break out the check book, because chances are, you got some big engine damage from using an atv as a boat.

Hi guys I am back. I was wondering if you guys would use the NICHE engine parts. They are a lot cheaper, but I don’t know how long they will hold up. Does anyone know?

2 hours ago, Bigjohnson said:

Hi guys I am back. I was wondering if you guys would use the NICHE engine parts. They are a lot cheaper, but I don’t know how long they will hold up. Does anyone know?

its china made....don't expect it too last !.