jeepwm69

Tractor issues

I fixed this one for a friend , very nice zero swing , after fixing a fuel issue that was bogging it out , I cut my grass with it ,   there is  no bogging this bad boy diesel out now  , it is a 2006 with 440 hours , and it was $15,500 back in 2006 , wonder what it cost today , $ 25k I'd guess 

The first pan with the black sand looking stuff , is out the fuel hoses and switch valve  going to the dual tanks , the rusty looking stuff is out the two fuel filter by the electric pump 

q%ZQ8rQYSgKafyv9va2Hpg.jpg

bRe1Tv2jS9ey3Jgi9xv0nQ.jpg

s7fxcNTZRKK4u2o0%d9DnQ.jpg

rBsguYxQSqaFQ4WjNcBI3Q.jpg

Jeep, I see you own a JD 2640.  You probably know, but if you don't, make sure you use a coolant for wet liners or buy and additive, like Napa now cool.  It has wet liners and the cavitation will pit the liners.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Randydan said:

Jeep, I see you own a JD 2640.  You probably know, but if you don't, make sure you use a coolant for wet liners or buy and additive, like Napa now cool.  It has wet liners and the cavitation will pit the liners.

Had to look that up.  Never heard of it, but since I’m running regular 50/50 antifreeze mix I’ll definitely refill with something appropriate soon. 

My radiator shop guy is getting old and cutting his hours.  I’m gonna pull this radiator in the fall and let him go through it while he’s still around.  Not many good radiator shops around anymore.

I’ll refill with fresh proper coolant 

Went out a couple of days ago to put some junk in the shop on the farm.  Checked the oil on the 2640 and it was FULLLLLLLLL.

Looks like I buggered those umbrella seals after all.  Drained the engine and got a 5 gal bucket and a 1/3 of another full of diesel/ oil out of the engine.

With short days and being busy as ! I called a farmer buddy of mine, got his mobile diesel mechanic coming to fix it today or tomorrow. 

I hate not fixing stuff myself, but between work and family I'm passing myself coming and going. 

Question for @_Wilson_™ and @Fishfiles, I ran this thing for 60-90 mins right after I installed that pump, and the oil afterwards was a hair overfilled, but I overfilled it a bit when I changed the oil right before I used it, so I thought I was ok.

It's just been sitting in the shop since, and obviously diesel ran into the engine with it sitting.  I was under the impression that the injector pump would be pushing diesel in with the tractor running, but apparently it runs in past those seals with the engine shut off and sitting?

Had a local retired diesel mechanic (worked at a Case dealership, but I won't hold that against him) come out and replace those seals again.

New seals from Deere were $22.  He fixed the flat I had on the left front wheel too (hole in my tube) and washed the tractor with a pressure washer.  Charged me $160, which I thought was very fair given labor rates around here on farm equipment.

Haven’t used it yet but drove it around a bit and the oil level was fine.  

I want to try to do some Bushhogging Sunday after church

5555EA06-31C3-4CFC-8527-658F44EA9917.jpeg

• Like 3

That is an excellent price , Looks like you tore them seals  up just a little bit , eh !!! -

• Haha 1