Wheeler

New Bumper Build.

Yes, that is definitely a nice looking bumper.

Myself, I just went with the official Honda rear bumper   It was a bit expensive, over $200, I think, but I did get a discount on it. 

I did not go with their front bumper, which I thought added very little to the bumper that came on the Rancher 420.  But there was basically nothing on the back, so the bumper was a nice addition.  However, I haven't had anyone run into me, and haven't backed into anything yet, so I don't know how well it would work.

dc

• Thanks 1

Wilson

It'll be a while before I get a photo.  Too much of a cold to be out much.

It was the standard Honda accessory bumper offered in their catalog.  I'll get photos but here is the link:

https://powersports-honda.dcatalog.com/v/2019-Honda-SxS-ATV-Accessory-Catalog_r1/?page=72

It is M down in the right lower corner.  It isn't a lot of bumper, but was under $150 with the discount and it was better than nothing which was original equipment.

I also got the windshield which didn't fit and I took back.  I got them thru' the dealer, thus the discount.

dc

• Like 1

I've built quite a few bumpers out of square tubing just because that's what i had around. Besides protection it gives them a lower place to lift off of.

0216002205.jpg

• Like 10

On 1/5/2020 at 4:50 PM, Wheeler said:

I went with flux core because of cost. For the amount I’ll weld & what I will this will be perfect. I have first coat of bedlinner on. Love it because it hides so much. She’s getting couple coats. I’ll leave it hanging in garage with heat on over nite before I put on for good. 

F0747C06-2439-46B0-AB40-748B172833CE.jpeg

37D34F3C-9C3D-4038-B108-288D71CEEA2A.jpeg

Well I'ii be Damned ! I've got a paint rack just like that !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1