Kevnic

Need your insight guys

Hey guys,

Been a while since I have posted, had some medical problems and am out of work but on the mend. Anyway, I am going to need your thinking caps. I have trouble retaining info and relaying info after my stroke, so it takes me a while to get my words out so to speak. My quad(sons) was sunk and is not running. I will give a rundown.

2021 rancher 420 dct ps

Bought new, serviced recently. It was In The water for maybe 10 mins, submerged. Wasn’t running when submerged from what I was told. Retrieved machine, pulled plug and let machine dry out. Changed oil, machine did run after oil changes and turning over with plug out. Combo/hourmeter doesn’t light anymore so can’t tell if CEL is blinking. Don’t know anything about these FI units.  85 psi compression . All fluids are clean appreciate any and all advice even if it’s bad. Thank yiu

kevin

Don’t know if I mentioned, but oil has been changed twice, gas tank dropped and cleaned, fuel pump removed and inspected and reinstalled with fresh fuel. Going to remove and clean. Injector, basically check everything fuel related twice and get that squared away, has bright blue spark. Is 85 psi low? I am wondering if I bent a rod , I don’t have any evidence of that but considering there was a bunch of water in crankcase that could define you be a possibility.

Thanks for any help guys, kevin

Well I’m almost positive you need the meter on the newer machines for them to work correctly (but more on the shifting side of things), so that could be a problem.

That said, if you have bright blue spark it should fire. 

Will it fire on starter fluid? 

If so, you have a fuel issue.  Possibly fuel pump relay.

Try @Melatv‘s old trick of a jumper wire from battery + to the red/black wire on the coil, see if it starts.  

5 minutes ago, jeepwm69 said:

Well I’m almost positive you need the meter on the newer machines for them to work correctly (but more on the shifting side of things), so that could be a problem.

That said, if you have bright blue spark it should fire. 

Will it fire on starter fluid? 

If so, you have a fuel issue.  Possibly fuel pump relay.

Try @Melatv‘s old trick of a jumper wire from battery + to the red/black wire on the coil, see if it starts.  

Yes, it fires on a sniff of ether

Try that jumper wire then.  I had problems with the wife's 420FA and that jumper wire bypasses the fuel injection relay (power to fuel pump), the roll over shut off (cuts spark, so probably not your problem) and a few other electronic thingymabobs.

If that jumper wire lets it run, first thing I'd look at is the fuel injection relay.