yak600

TRX300FW centrifugal clutch help??

On the Honda Fourtrax TRX300FW should the centrifugal clutch housing/drum spin freely clockwise when the atv is in neutral?? I saw a video where a guy was working on one and his did. I'm having an issue where atv creeps as soon as you put it in gear. Changed one way bearing and centrifugal clutch. The housing rotates freely clockwise but not counter clockwise. As soon as I tighten down nut the housing no longer spins freely. It turns everything including the centrifugal clutch inside the housing.

It should spin free in one direction and lock in the other. That clutch connects the crankshaft to the other clutch and outputs. When it's running at a lower rpm the clutch weights spring back to disengage the connection. As the rpm rises the weights sling out to connect with the drum to send power to the other clutch pack. It's the reason you don't need a clutch lever with the manual transmission.

Right now your shift lever would also be acting like a clutch lever since the centrifugal is locked at all times. Something isn't right in there but it's hard to say what for sure. Wrong 1 way bearing/clutch??

Tell us more , how did this issue all start ?   Did you disassemble the engine and then put it back together and this problem started ? 

Part of me wants to say  , because of the way you say it wants to creep ,  one of the friction disc are pinched in the change clutch , the clutch adjustment is off or the triangle clutch ball plate is out of position     ------     or the washer behind the clutch primary gear might not be in place