Popa Fry

2000 TRX400 FW FOREMAN TRANSMISSION SHIFTING

58 minutes ago, Popa Fry said:

Fish  there is NO WAY I would ever do that to my ATV  it's not for Show  it is for Going hunting  I could not get out of the driveway with an outfit like that.... Simple man Simple ATV i want it like me  Old and Strong  LOL  but i need it to run longer !!!

It is for go , not show , lol --- you heard about the guy went to get a vasectomy and was wearing  a tuxedo , doctor asked him " why are  you wearing  a tuxedo to get a vasectomy " , he said , " if I am going to be impotent , I want to look important "   

• Like 1

Wearing a tux well   that dog don't  hunt.......  Deer   .hunting or Turkey Hunting    so you just stay  impotent    you couldn't   get that contraption thru the trees where I hunt   LOL 

must admit I like the rims

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Popa Fry said:

Fish  there is NO WAY I would ever do that to my ATV  it's not for Show  it is for Going hunting  I could not get out of the driveway with an outfit like that.... Simple man Simple ATV i want it like me  Old and Strong  LOL  but i need it to run longer !!!

That’s what we all said…..at first.

Then something breaks and you figure “If I’m replacing that part, why not?”

I don’t have anything as extreme as Fishfiles, but I did put a lift, 28’s, and a gear reduction in one of my 500’s.  Extra ground clearance is nice.

• Like 2

For example @Popa Fry, I believe a Honda TRX300 primary gear and clutch basket will install directly into your 400 motor, and lower your gearing by about 15% ( @Fishfiles might want to confirm that).

You then have lower gear ratio, which gives you more grunt, OR  you can go bigger on your tires and have your stock gearing with a little more ground clearance.

And that's how it begins.  Next thing you know, you have a monster ATV like Fishfiles!

• Like 1

Great information  but for now i don"t see it happening ..... have a nice  1999  300 4trax  sitting here but with the 400 running it most likely will find a new home come hunting season.... That will help pay for the rebuild and getting the 400 going  LOL

You men enjoy  i have a limited budget to go along with my conservative  views .....the more i change add on and non stock items the more likely I will screw something up..  FOR ME I USE THE KISS principal !!    KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Popa Fry said:

. have a nice  1999  300 4trax  sitting here but with the 400 running it most likely will find a new home come hunting season.... That will help pay for the rebuild and getting the 400 going  LOL

So what is the story on the nice 1999 TRX300 that will mostly finance the 400 rebuilding   --    questions like , were you locate  and how much ,   LOL 

• Haha 1

Located  Central Kentucky  I bought it out of a boys garage when i was asking everyone around if they knew if a Honda was for sale   I had been looking on Craigs list and after i sold the Polaris I fixed up Carb-tires-stator -Cdi-coil--clean up paint racks ) i was wanting a Honda 400  -- came across the 300 and was told it just needs brake adjustment ( You men know the rest ) it was reasonable price  not cheap --Long story short replaced rear axel and bearings brake drum-shoes -etc.  ( I did not know you could ride one with the drum  froze up) carb kit and [ VIOLA ]  a decent ride starts  and runs so good hate to get rid of it but don't have a place to store it and really don' NEED it   Price goes up at hunting time  LOL

• Like 2

Hey Retro IT APEARS YOU ARE QUITE TALENTED INDIVIDUAL !!. The Honda Community applauds you. Thank You for all the Help I have received and the continued friendships I plan to Keep       OK enough of that .. Oh I was wondering where you live I would think  you have more opportunity to use a snowmobile than a 4 wheeler . I guess your a master at that too  lol  between  Pints 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Popa Fry said:

Hey Retro IT APEARS YOU ARE QUITE TALENTED INDIVIDUAL !!.

Nah, just anudder nutter living offgrid in the woods, having fun.

5 hours ago, Popa Fry said:

Oh I was wondering where you live I would think  you have more opportunity to use a snowmobile than a 4 wheeler . I guess your a master at that too  lol  between  Pints 

Yeah I have one old snowmobile left, a 1998 Arctic Cat, mostly stock and fully prepped during a complete teardown in like new condition (except last winter a seam in the seat came apart). I use to enjoy ripping around on them a lot, but these last two winters I suddenly lost interest (I'm 65 years old now) in playing with high speeds. I barely burn through one tank of gas all season now.

I love my little Honda Rancher 350 though, I ride it an awful lot. Got 3000 miles added to the odometer in the four seasons I've had it, probably 1/3 of those miles riding through woods where there are no trails at all setting up and tending cameras and bear and deer hunting stands for myself and lately, several of my buddies. My best hunting buddy and I will begin putting out our september bear hunting setups next weekend. That'll kick off our busy season that runs through the 17th-18th of November. Beer does go very well with all that fun as you know.... :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

i understand about age-vs cold  i used to go deer hunting regardless of temp  but now i prefer to get my deer early  i still go out if it's not below 20 degrees....never been  bear hunting  when I was younger and only hunted with my bow  I said I would do that some day  just never got around to it ... we don't have bear in these parts.. I have never been to the upper peninsula and looking at a map you are at the top ...  797 miles  north from my house in Kentucky according to Google.. Good luck  with your hunting.  We can hunt deer in September  but i believe it is to HOT  lol  it's about meat spoiling..  some idiots believe they can kill a deer that time of year and then go show it to their buddies instead of skinning and quartering it or get it to a cooler  ... sorry my rant!!   Hey men look forward to hearing from all of you about Honda   ATV"s  - Food - [  Woxxx (to old for that besides my wife of 50 years might object ]     May our trails be smooth and our hunts successful and  Gods Blessings on us all  !!!

• Like 2