Fishfiles

Happy 4th of July

Late to the post...sorry...didn't really get on the computer...was busy on the grill.

decided to pass on putting the boat on the lake...just so hot and crowded and we are just recovering from covid round 2...not a ton of extra energy.

so backyard...pool with some of my kids/grands, ...little bit of Honda tooling around the trails and a lot of recliner time in the den.

locals been launching fireworks since Thursday as usual..however none of them seemed to have spent the $ on the big stuff this year...so, fireworks was a nothingburger on our street.

I think the break away, will make next year all the more enjoyable.

• Like 1

It was the quietest 4th of July , I can ever remember around here  , heard more gun shots  than anything ----  

Same here in my area, very quiet weekend.  I haven't checked but I bet serious fireworks cost was jacked way up this year....

• Like 1

A late happy 4th to everybody.  We'd better enjoy every one of them we do have because if there aren't big changes soon we might not have another.  If they ever did do away with the holiday I'd still celebrate it.

• Like 1

I had plans for backyard range time, but never got around to it.

had one neighbor far side of the woods running what sounded like a 9mm.

Seems like the backyard range stuff had gotten very quiet post Uvalde and the Senate bill being passed.

I'll admit that I've held silent since then myself...so, while it wasn't my intent to go quietly this past weekend, the family time was better spent in the pool than out back in the heat tossing lead.

Plenty of smaller fireworks making noise all around the area, but none of the big display rockets from years past.

Talked to my neighbor yesterday as I saw him over in the horse pasture...he said the same thing...they just skipped it this year and normally he spends some serious $ on it..in fact he used to help put on pro level shows, so he has sources and knows what he's doing..used to enjoy watching him toss some big ones  next door.

• Like 1

I haven’t been on here much this week. The little one came and puked on me Monday morning, and then sharted on me when I was taking her to the shower to wash off the puke. 

So of course by Tuesday morning I was sick as a dog. 

Wife managed to escape, but it was a miserable week for me.  

Needless to say we had a quiet 4th lol.  

I noticed a lit fewer booms this year too.  No stimulus money this year for people to blow.

Spent from 4 to 7 in the emergency room yesterday after having an argument with my chainsaw.  Guess who won!!!  10 stitches later patched up....bad thing right on my knee cap so bends all the time.

Oops.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, bcsman said:

Spent from 4 to 7 in the emergency room yesterday after having an argument with my chainsaw.  Guess who won!!!  10 stitches later patched up....bad thing right on my knee cap so bends all the time.

Oops.jpg

Chainsaw !!! >>>> Looks like you were " very " lucky 

• Like 1

Thankfully just touched my leg, of course using my saw that doesnt have a chain brake, this was in between cuts......

• Like 2

Pretty young doc stitched it up pretty well, here we are tonight....

knee healing.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope you heal up well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, bcsman said:

Oops.jpg

Man thats a bummer you you lucky could have be no we worse.

• Like 3

Well I'm late on the 4th been traveling now sitting in Wichita Ks. Enjoying some cooler temperatures than Louisiana ain't broke a sweat yet sitting in the shade lol. 

• Like 1

BCS, I've been there before but no where as bad as that. Hope it heals up well for you. 

• Like 1