Fishfiles

300 FW 90/96 Magenta

Wheel bearings , ball joints and brake pads :

The wife's bike is next in line for  a pit stop , she is going to get a front end job , new wheel bearings, ball joints  and disc brake pads , she has the old school Pivot Works bearings in hers now , they lasted a very long time as far as wheel bearings go for me , I got a new set of Pivot Works bearings that were  warranty replacement for a set that went out on my 300 , and I will be able to send her set back for another replacement , only thing is I don't think these new Pivot Works are as good as the old ones were --------  for the disc pads , I have some SuperATV pads on the way $24.99 a set , also have some Sixity pads for an Artic Cat on the way , $9 a set for those , going to see how the Sixity pads  work out ----ball joints are OEM 

Her Magenta ( pink)  300 is pretty nice , it has a 90 engine in a 96 frame with all the 1st gen wiring harness and components ,  it has the 424 kick out , 250 rear end , snorkeled , floorboards , stick stoppers , 27 SwampLites , front disc conversion , wheel spacers , 20"  led light bar ---- this one had a 54% reduction in it at one time , I took it out , and it pulls these 27s just fine with out it

fullsizeoutput_497.jpeg

• Like 5

Shrade , submarine , lol 

The " pink submarine " had not much done yesterday ----  I did get it jacked up and one wheel off ,  got to start some where ---- my buddies were over and pulled me away , started drinking beer @ 10:30 and watching our  buddy work on his 300 2wd at my house ---- 

my buddy hit me up yesterday with " can I leave my bike here , when I am finished with it " , I hit him with "  sure , for a storage fee , and leave the key , for guest to ride when you don't come over " ---- I  might have nipped that in the butt -------  take that mudda home with you when you leave lol 

• Like 3

I got all the parts in for her front end job , just need some ambition to do the work ------- 4  new OEM  ball joints from Partzilla , PivotWorks ( old school ) wheel bearings and seals ( last of the Mohicans ) , going to try out the Sixity semi-metalic  brake pads that fit an Arctic Cat  and see if they last any longer than the SuperATV pads 

Also going to do a carb cleaning as the fuel enrichment plunger ( aka choke )  is stuck , bike starts great without it , but while she is in might as well fix it up 

fullsizeoutput_415.jpegWhat would be a good mod for my wife's bike would be a wireless remote clicker that would limit the throttle and shut the engine off , LOL 

found some pics , had Outlaws on her bike , but they grabbed the sides of the ruts too hard and would pull the bars out her hands , so I stuck some Swamplites on it and she likes them better 

My crew nick named her Ms Momentum she rides Wide Open 

Found a pic of the time the tree jumped out in front of her , she had DirtDevils back then 

fullsizeoutput_1e7.jpeg

IMG_4653.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG

• Like 1

Jeep , Yep , that's what I was thinking , like a leash , remember in the Max Max when the Indian looking wild  guy was cuffed to the car and they let him loose , that's her ..... Girl's Gone Wild 

• Haha 1

Finish one side of her 300 , new bearings , seals and ball  joints , went to the other side and the bottom ball joint had caused  damaged to the knuckle , you can see the one on the right is ate up along the bottom edge , so  dug up another knuckle , had to tap mud divers out the brake plate holes ------ I got a new set of 1 inch spacers as I gave her to my buddy to use while her bike was being worked on , he gave me the new ones and kept the old ones , so see them 2 Craftsman 17 mm sockets , both 6 point , 3/8 drive , one fit the wheel spacer hole and the other is not even close cause it is a lot thicker socket ( old school ), pressed the upper ball joints without removing the arms , that pin that is knocking out the ball joint works perfect , I think it is from a tractor 

fullsizeoutput_b7f.jpegu

zwwlPO3tTrStDPgkUGOhAQ.jpg

Nw72FvFgRg6yOAW%UkuljQ.jpg

fullsizeoutput_b7a.jpeg

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity is the brake conversion built for the 300 or is from another wheeler like the 350 rancher and the 420 rancher

yea , sometimes you will see the disc conversion listed for the Rancher , as the 300 doesn't show up on list anymore ---as far as I know the 300 , 400, 450 , 500 and 680 all use the same kit , I don't know about the 420 though , we got a disc conversion guru with us now days , Super ATV 

They use to make a 300 2wd Rancher kit that was modify-able to work on a 300 2wd , they discontinued it , I know a couple of people that would buy  a kit  right now , if they were to return to the market 

I worded that wrong the 420 have disc in the front I have read people using the 420 disc on the 350. Thanks, it interesting to know what parts you can swap on to other wheelers. 

2 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Parts for what ??? 

From what I could make out it seemed like a part wasn't for that wheeler that's why I said that but I could've misread it.

it is hard to remember all the combinations of what works , when you got CRS , LOL 

I think you can put 420and or 350  disc on a 300  , but have to grind one of the ball joint stem holes larger 

07-13 420 brakes bolt right up to a 350 Rancher

07-13 420 brakes bolt onto a 300 IF you grind out the upper a-arm to take the bigger upper ball joint.  PITA, and with 420 components costing what they do now, better off with a @SuperATV conversion.

05-11 Foreman, 05-14 Rubicon, and 06-current Rincon brakes are all the same, and bolt onto the 450 Foremans, 01-04 Rubicons, and 03-05 650 Rincons.

Pretty much if the ball joints are the same top and bottom, the knuckles and brakes will swap over.

• Like 3