Joshcrocker

Digital dash problems

I recently acquired a 2002 rancher es 4x4 from a late friend. It’s in overall good shape but sat for years. Currently getting it up and running now but having problems with the digital dash working at all. I was referred here to contact AKATV for rebuilding purposes and seeking information to do so. No luck in finding direct replacement. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Hi Josh

Welcome to the Forum

What issues are you having and can you post a few pictures?

I have sent my contact information to you as well

AKATV

Akatv I have a 2004 foreman with dim display, I’m new in here so it won’t let me send you message, here are my pics can I have info on where to send. Thanks 

0585869A-9090-41E7-96D4-466FA8484278.jpeg

BF21644D-231F-42AD-A83E-869957F8AE20.jpeg

B997AEF3-E9B7-4173-829B-1F91E50E8BBF.jpeg

BB0A36CC-58CF-427A-B738-18E1887D1F8F.jpeg

Hi Larry

Welcome to the forum!

it looks like You might’ve had a little bit of liquid intrusion as well as needing polarizing films and back light filter taken care of

I should be able to get you taken care of no problem

I will send you my contact information

(AKATV)

Hi AKATV, I have a unit that seems to be preventing the atv from shifting, there was definitly some water damage. attached are some pictures like others.

This is my father in laws atv, Im trying to help him out. 

Im not trying to hijack anyones post, im in a similar boat of a new user.

Appreciate any help.

Face 1.jpg

face 2.jpg

Model TRX350FE.jpg

Looks like your data is corrupt and you have lost your gear position indicator.

What kind of shifting issues are you having?

You can remove the speedometer  and your machine should still shift

the ECU will prevent downshifting in certain situations if it doesn’t get the speed  signal through the speedometer 

As far as he has told me it basically wont shift into gear at all. It'll run but is unable to move.

Has he tried to manually shift it into gear using the hexagonal shift stub?

If it won’t go into gear you might want to pull the front clutch cover and check the shifter mechanism and the shift plate

Can you hear the shift motor attempting to shift at all when you try to shift electronically?

Your best bet would be to open up that speedometer case and take a few pictures of the circuit card to see if there’s any water damages

one of your buttons looks like it’s been JB welded over could’ve been torn previously and let water get inside and that’s why it’s sealed up now -just a guess though

It did get some water damage, he did tell me that. I'll get a pitcure of it tomorrow to add

Those are the backside of the circuit board and the inside cover areas.

From what Ive gathered, he said they pulled this out the atv worked prior, then when they went and reinstalled it, it was not movable.

backplate.jpg

Circuit board.jpg

Inside front cover.jpg

your circuit card looks in overall very good condition I don’t see really any water damage that would cause any issues

it Is possible that your data might be corrupted on your speedometer because I see you have your neutral light but your neutral indicator is not showing in the gear position area on the display

The speedometer will not cause the shifting issues that you’re currently having I would suggest downloading the Honda Factory service manual here on the forum and you might want to take a peek under that front clutch cover and check out your shift plate and your star gear center bolt and see if your linkages are working properly

Can you manually shift the transmission by using the external shift knob on the side of the motor?