David0516

Honda trx420 cranks but wont start

1 hour ago, David0516 said:

It's getting fuel and spark, even with starter fluid it won't start any ideas?

answer: timing is off ?, or not enough compression from timing being off ?.

• Like 2

If you have fuel and spark, as Shadetree said, it's either compression or timing.

• Like 1

What year of machine do you have? What issues if any before the no start condition?

22 hours ago, toodeep said:

What year of machine do you have? What issues if any before the no start condition?

It's a 2013 and no symptoms before this I'm going to try the timing this weekend like jeepwm69 and shadetree said

52 minutes ago, David0516 said:

It's a 2013 and no symptoms before this I'm going to try the timing this weekend like jeepwm69 and shadetree said

That year isn't as bad as the newer ones but I would still first check the fuel for moisture. Hook a line up to the fuel canister and cycle some into a clear jar. Between that and a spark plug which are the easiest, cheapest things to try then I would move on to the more complex issues. 

9 minutes ago, toodeep said:

That year isn't as bad as the newer ones but I would still first check the fuel for moisture. Hook a line up to the fuel canister and cycle some into a clear jar. Between that and a spark plug which are the easiest, cheapest things to try then I would move on to the more complex issues. 

I've already swapped out the gas and cleaned the tank out and put a new plug. I took apart the top end to check everything out from the inside and when I put it back together it started for maybe a quick 5 seconds but it was really boggy then died and after that just cranked but wouldn't start no more

Edited by David0516