Fishfiles

1996 TRX300A ( 2wd )

17 minutes ago, Fishfiles said:

Some people use the 300 EX carb on their 300s , I think Wheeler is one of them 

yep..pretty sure he used a 300ex on his 300.

• Like 1

Yeah your right fish he did...... I had planned the same mod for that 97 300, and had been conversing with him on things I'd need to change and i recall he had to slightly mod the underside of the gas tank..... Maybe he'll chime in when he sees these post. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, _Wilson_™ said:

i recall he had to slightly mod the underside of the gas tank..... 

I seem to remember a  hammer being involved in that mod to the tank , LOL 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Working on the stuck piston of the front brake master cylinder this morning >>>>   @shadetree told me to use grease power to get it out , that worked , found a 1/8 ( BTP ) British taper pipe thread  fitting and it screwed in maybe two threads into the Banjo fitting without damaging threads and it was enough to pop the piston out ---- then I looked for 1/2 hour for the new OEM repair kit , that I seen not long , never found it , but found some other things I have been looking for and some I never knew I even had ------ that repair kit goes for right at $50 now days 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fish I’m sure i have s brand new master cylinder piston if you want i can dig it up and send it. Not OEM i think quad boss

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Goober said:

Fish I’m sure i have s brand new master cylinder piston if you want i can dig it up and send it. Not OEM i think quad boss

Thanks for the offer , Goob' ---- I think the piston came with the kit ( if I ever find it ) , the parts picture shows ,  the piston , a couple of seals and a spring 

while shopping this morning ,  on E-Bay I seen complete masters with the lever , aftermarket of course , new for $35 , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fishfiles said:

Thanks for the offer , Goob' ---- I think the piston came with the kit ( if I ever find it ) , the parts picture shows ,  the piston , a couple of seals and a spring 

while shopping this morning ,  on E-Bay I seen complete masters with the lever , aftermarket of course , new for $35 , 

Could always order used from PSN.  At least they'll stand behind it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jeepwm69 said:

Could always order used from PSN.  At least they'll stand behind it.

Really , just looked and they have a  $17.99 and $26.99 for a used one on PSN ---------- if I can't find that kit I have , it would be stupid to even buy a $50 kit 

Oh yeah mine is the whole kit. Pretty sure Piston, spring, boot , c-clip and seal

Edited by Goober
  • Like 1

Just now, Goober said:

Oh yeah mine is the whole kit. Pretty sure Piston, boot , c-clip and seal

So you have a complete aftermarket rebuild kit ?? ----  Did not realize there were aftermarket kits available 

• Like 1

Yeah pretty sure i have it in a small box of parts for my 93; I’ll dig it out and see if you think would work. 

Ok here’s two pix of my leftover TRX300 parts.

I can’t remember fo sho if this is a TRX300 master cylinder kit. It is missing the piston but looks like i put the old one in there.
the rest of this is TRX300 stuff fosho. You’re welcome to what ya see here. Hardware to rebuild footrests, salvaged primer pump, straps, battery hold down bracket etc

the harness i got from SamUK he said was for a TRX300 but i can’t tell—maybe a 450.

PM your addy

4967D226-332A-454E-B8B9-366930D0C6E9.jpeg

2F0EE31F-177F-4EF3-B1AA-986F5051BE40.jpeg

9B3F00BE-997D-463F-B0CA-8A5A87B8BA0C.jpeg

43EFED51-D45B-48F7-A626-BCBA5C01D4D7.jpeg

• Like 3

Thanks to  @Goober  for " Passing it On " , I was in need and he sent me a rebuild kit for the master cylinder of this ( painted) Blue 300 I gave my son in law ---- I know son in law will appreciate some front brakes

fullsizeoutput_105d.jpeg

• Like 2