Belizeted

Honda Foreman 08 runs fine for a while then quits. Starts fine later.

Well, what do you know...  The petcock doesn't leak and I took the ATV on a longer run than usual and not a single miss.  I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your interest and your advice.  I hope that I can write about any future issues.  My front end suspension is clacking and I have received parts for the shock bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends and will dive into that when I get some free time.  Thanks again so much and I made a PayPal contribution to the forum. 

PS- I'm not going anywhere without my handy can of starter fluid - just in case!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Belizeted said:

Well, what do you know...  The petcock doesn't leak and I took the ATV on a longer run than usual and not a single miss.  I can't tell you all how much I appreciate your interest and your advice.  I hope that I can write about any future issues.  My front end suspension is clacking and I have received parts for the shock bushings, ball joints and tie rod ends and will dive into that when I get some free time.  Thanks again so much and I made a PayPal contribution to the forum. 

PS- I'm not going anywhere without my handy can of starter fluid - just in case!

Glad you got it fixed.  Stick around, you're bound to break something else sooner or later LOL

• Like 2

Well, its been almost a year since I last posted on this thread.  After exhausting fuel and carb issues, I finally broke down and bit the bullet on another CDI.  Yep that was it all along it seems.  By chasing this problem for so long, I learned alot about my machine so nothing was wasted. 

Thanks again to all of the helpful advice!!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Belizeted said:

Well, its been almost a year since I last posted on this thread.  After exhausting fuel and carb issues, I finally broke down and bit the bullet on another CDI.  Yep that was it all along it seems.  By chasing this problem for so long, I learned alot about my machine so nothing was wasted. 

Thanks again to all of the helpful advice!!

So in August when you thought it was fixed, it acted up again?

Yes, it never really fixed and got progressively worse.  I was able to use the machine on short runs but it consistently quit when hot and after letting it cool down a while it would again run for a short while. 

• Like 1